Embedded Linux Engineer
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Are you frustrated in not being able to impact the entire product
life cycle? Do you thrive in environments that are autonomous,
cutting-edge and making a difference in the lives of others?
In this role, you will serve as a key contributor and as an expert
in embedded device development. You will impact the entire software
development lifecycle over multiple platforms and be responsible
for the deployment of systems on hardware platforms and the secure
development for control devices. You are an innovative, continuous
learner who shares knowledge and insight within the Team and is
driven to solve complex technical challenges across the multiple
domains (ie, security, control, monitoring and embedded
As a catalyst for the design and
development of embedded software
and devices you will:
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and implement software of
embedded devices, systems and components from requirements to
production and commercial deployment.
- Play a key role in entire development lifecycle to include
design, providing technical training, issue debugging, penetration
testing, code review, optimizing, architecture analysis and
- Collaborate with software architects or other technical leaders
to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend
changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Manage the research and development of secure software used
over multiple platforms.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Keep abreast of the current security/cybersecurity trends and
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, support and knowledge
sharing to team members and helps develop the knowledge of embedded
systems, secure development and cryptography.
- Provides post-production support.
- Assesses third party and open source software as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Technology.
- Three or more years' experience in embedded software
- Proven expertise within robotics and/or RF communications
- Proven expertise in Embedded Linux Kernel architecture,
drivers, and operation.
- Strong C/C++ development and debugging skills, preferably in an
embedded Linux environment.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, VBA,
- Proven experience in execution of research and prototype
- Strong knowledge and experience with software configuration
management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and maintaining
the highest level of proficiency in cybersecurity.
- Electrical skills for system troubleshooting on the intended
- Knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for
- Strong time management skills and ability to consistently meet
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Ability to qualify for Secret clearance (or higher)
- Proven expertise in conducting cyber security software and
hardware reviews a plus.
- Industry recognized certification (CISSP, CEH, etc.) a
- Experience with vulnerability management, open source security
issues, threat modeling, and working with third party penetration
testers a plus.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Denver , Embedded Linux Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!