Principal Embedded Linux Engineer (Cybersecurity)
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: June 14, 2019
The Principal Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Cybersecurity)
serves as a key contributor and as a security expert in embedded
device development.-- This position will lead the entire software
development lifecycle over multiple platforms and be responsible
for the deployment of systems on hardware platforms and the secure
development for control devices. --The Principal Embedded Linux
Software Engineer (Cybersecurity) is an innovative, continuous
learner who shares knowledge and insight within the Team and is
driven to solve complex technical challenges across the multiple
domains (ie, security, control, monitoring and embedded
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the research and development of secure software
used over multiple platforms.
- Manages entire development lifecycle to include design,
providing technical training, issue debugging, penetration testing,
code review, optimizing, architecture analysis and integrating
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs and implements software
of embedded devices, systems and components from requirements to
production and commercial deployment.
- Collaborates with software architects or other technical
leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and
recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective
- Analyzes and enhances efficiency, stability and scalability of
- Integrates and validates new product designs.
- Interfaces with hardware design and development.
- Keeps abreast of the current cybersecurity trends and
- Provides technical guidance, leadership, support and knowledge
sharing to team members and helps develop the knowledge of embedded
systems, secure development and cryptography.
- Provides post production support.
- Assesses third party and open source software as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Seven of more years' experience in embedded software
development of cybersecurity solutions (defensive) and/or related
- Proven expertise within robotics and/or RF communications
- Electronic Warfare Sensor Experience.
- Ability to qualify for Secret clearance (or higher)
- A creative leader, impassioned mentor and strong
- Proven expertise in Embedded Linux Kernel architecture,
drivers, and operation.
- Strong C/C++ development and debugging skills, preferably in an
embedded Linux environment.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, VBA,
- Proven experience in execution of research and prototype
- Experience with vulnerability management, open source security
issues, threat modeling, and working with third party penetration
- Strong knowledge and experience with software configuration
management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Proven expertise in conducting cyber security software and
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and maintaining
the highest level of proficiency in cybersecurity.
- Electrical skills for system troubleshooting on the intended
- Knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for
- Industry recognized certification (CISSP, CEH, etc.) a
- Strong time management skills and ability to consistently meet
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Denver , Principal Embedded Linux Engineer (Cybersecurity), IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!