Senior Software Engineer
Company: Willis Towers Watson
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Role OverviewThe Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and maintenance of commercial software product(s) to build reliable, testable, scalable and high-performing enterprise class solutions for our global Fortune 500 customers. The successful candidate must be able to create full stack components and features that are directly accessed by a user through a UI or API. You will also work with production support teams to triage priority issues.
You will work with all software product development disciplines (including engineering, architecture, product owners, testers and analysts) to develop and maintain solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and modern software engineering techniques. Some key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, code, test and debug new product enhancements for commercial software product(s)
- Drive maintainable and reusable solutions that are both secure and adhering to acceptable performance benchmarks
- Embrace, implement and evangelize test automation as part of the fabric of the team
- Conduct code reviews for peers and/or junior team members
- Participle in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related development experience
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID, DI/IoC, CI, TDD
- Experience working with the full Microsoft technology stack, including .NET/C# ,SQL Server, ASP.NET, , MVC and Web API
- Experience with Multi-threaded applications and the Task Parallel Library
- RESTful Architecture experience
- Object Relation Mapping such as Entity Framework or nHibernate
- Experience with front-end libraries, AngularJS, Angular, and jQuery. Bootstrap is a plus.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development
- Experience with browser-based web applications delivered over the Internet that support user concurrency
- Experience working with large relational databases
- SQL development experience
- Experience using Agile Scrum software development life cycle
- Experience using source control management tools such as GIT
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking ability and proven analytical, methodical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
- Experience working for a national or global commercial software product company requiring software product usage and high availability in a 24/7/365 model.
- Experience working with globally distributed business stakeholders and engineering teams
- Experience working with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience working in a large, fast-paced project environment
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud enabled applications and how they differ from standard enterprise applications
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Proactive: Must be willing to seek out information and solutions that are pertinent to their responsibilities and key to their delivery
- Must be willing to remediate code written by others
- Team player attitude with a focus on the success of the team is a MUST
- Must be able to work in a structured development environment and follow coding standards and design patterns.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members (UX, Enterprise Architecture, Quality Assurance, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Information Security, regional teams) across global time zones with the upmost professionalism, tact and resolve
- Some travel required, including International
- Micro-services experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
- Experience managing applications requiring internationalization and localization for global markets
- Hands-on experience with Azure cloud computing (Azure VM, Service Fabric, SQL Azure, Batch, etc.)
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Willis Towers Watson, Denver , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!