Posted on: February 15, 2019
Senior Developer - (180003SU)
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to shape our business as a Senior Developer
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 16,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today s problems to find tomorrow s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
Responsible for providing technical leadership, oversight and mentoring to the application development teams. Responsible for overseeing the design, development and implementation of enterprise applications used by associates, customers and investors. Reviews application design and code to ensure conformance to standards and provides training to team members in technical tools, standards and procedures
- Lead the technical design, development, testing and implementation of web, database server and ancillary applications utilizing company standardized development procedures and techniques that support the requirements defined by stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with team members and business partners in defining, designing, developing and implementing technology solutions to improve business functions. Provides analysis and design support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements. Analyzes applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Train and mentor development staff in technical tools and techniques in order to maximize their contribution to the team.
- Responsible for suggesting, reviewing and justifying new technical tools and techniques and managing their implementation.
- Review and test applications developed by the Application Development team to ensure conformance to company development standards and to ensure solutions are developed utilizing appropriate technical components and techniques.
- Analyze applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Develop and review system documentation for all developed applications, including flowcharts.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of development and production environments.
- Lead the planning and implementation of large projects, which includes the design and execution of acceptance test plans to ensure a successful implementation.
- Provide production support including limited on-call. WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional, technical experience in a developer role
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with developing SQL Server applications and optimization including DDL, DML, stored procedures and triggers
- Demonstrated experience with developing web applications and/or windows forms applications
- Experience with other Microsoft languages and technologies, including MSMQ, SharePoint and TFS
- Demonstrated experience with technical design, reviews and leadership for the design and implementation of enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience with adhering to usability, design and development standards
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, performance testing and user acceptance testingPreferred:
- Experience leading a cross functional development team made up of Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Testers
- Experience with developing web services in an enterprise production environment
- Demonstrated experience with Java 7 or higher, Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Experience with varied source and version control systems, caching frameworks
- In-depth experience with various SDLCs, Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Hybrid)
- Experience in the mortgage or legal services industries
- Preferred: MCSD, MCSE, MCSA, OCE Language Ability
Ability to read/analyze/interpret journals/financial reports/legal documents; respond to inquiries/complaints from customers/reg. agencies/ community; write speeches/articles for publication; present info to top mgmt/public groups/ boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Primary Location : United States
Work Locations :
Denver - Lucent Blvd
8742 Lucent Blvd Suite 300
Highlands Ranch 80129
Job : Information Technology Analysis and Design
Job Posting : Feb 11, 2019, 10:02:27 AM
Unposting Date : Mar 13, 2019, 9:59:00 PM
Keywords: Computershare, Denver , Senior Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!