Database and Development Lead
Posted on: February 15, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Our client is seeking a Database and Development Lead that will perform database development and back-end programming for complex web programs and mobile applications designed to educate users about health promotion and collect data for research and evaluation purposes. This position also bridges the gap between IT and Developers and handles server software, version control, deployment, build processes, and testing servers/processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop reliable and effective databases for interactive educational programs, ensuring high levels of data quality and security using iterative, progressive (e.g., Agile-esque) methodology and best practices in a team environment.
- Design databases using principles of normalization, transactions and time-oriented data concepts, as well as database maintenance, including writing stored procedures and triggers, managing user rights, and database backup and recovery.
- Connect user interfaces developed by front-end programmers with back-end tables, based on specifications for use. This includes but is not limited to: using SQL Server to manage relational databases; connecting pages within web programs; tailoring features per study condition; collecting usage data; implementing SSLs to maintain security.
- Plan, coordinate, and program research study participant tracking and flow from recruitment to the completion of the program. This includes: randomization and treatment assignment, ID and user code generation, online informed consenting, online surveying, and providing links to the educational content sequentially (i.e., website, learning modules, mobile app).
- Extract quality usage data, working with the Research and Data teams to transform 3D data for analysis.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop and maintain relational and secondary databases.
- Work with the IT Manager to manage on issues of hosting, connectivity, and security; troubleshoot cybersecurity incidents.
- Conduct beta-testing and quality assurance throughout the duration of programs; trouble-shoot programming and database issues with team members and analyze solutions for problems as they arise.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation; troubleshoot problems.
- Ensure that database systems meet research and performance requirements. Stay up-to-date on current technologies, techniques, and security.
- Create technical specifications, specifications documents, and other technical documentation.
- Meet with clients and collaborating research partners to prototype, test, revise, and debug programs.
- Train collaborators, partners, or end users to use some programs.
- Train and mentor other database developers/programmers.
- Other tasks as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field plus at least 8-10 years of work experience (or equivalent relevant work experience without college degree) including training and overseeing the work of others.
- High level of critical thinking, creativity, accountability, and resourcefulness to deliver high quality production for clients and PIs.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational/time management skills.
- Excellent communication and client relations skills.
Keywords: Prosum, Denver , Database and Development Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!