Software Engineer in Test
Company: Trimble Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST
Do you want to help drive a successful desktop development team to the next level with UI test automation?
We are looking for a motivated software developer to take charge of our automated UI testing environment. This individual will expand our UI automation framework and tools, and will mentor our QA engineers, who are developing automation scripts. This position is key to the DevOps team to ensure a high level of quality, efficiency, productivity, and sustainability of our development efforts
* Maintain and expand test automation framework with sound architecture design in mind.
* Ensure complete integration of the toolset with DevOps to guarantee reliable automation testing cycles.
* Develop custom software tools in collaboration with the QA team to increase manual testing productivity.
* Create training material, script samples, guidelines, and provide 1-on-1 support to better leverage the test automation framework.
* As necessary, create, execute and maintain automated regression test suites for validation of requirements, verification of new features, enhancement and bug fixes.
* Operate effectively and on-time with minimal supervision within a close-knit Agile team.
* Integrate into a global team spread across multiple time zones.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
* 5+ years of experience in software development of desktop applications using Windows.
* At least 1+ years of experience in automation testing using Python and Gherkin Syntax preferred.
* Experience and proficiency with C# is a strong plus.
* Experience with TestComplete or similar automated testing tools.
* Knowledge of Civil Engineering, Construction and Geospatial industry is a strong plus.
* Technical knowledge and experience with Web Apps and Web Services would be a plus.
* Experience with RESTful testing techniques and tools will be an advantage.
* Enjoys learning new business domains.
* Highly-motivated self-starter with achievement-based drive.
* A quick learner who can identify root causes, and provide innovative solutions.
* Has good eye for details and can communicate effectively and influence people, using good written and verbal communication skills.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Denver , Software Engineer in Test, IT / Software / Systems , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!