Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Company: The Doyle Group
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Senior Business Intelligence DeveloperPosition Summary:The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and support of enterprise Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions. They exercise independent judgment, strong commitment to team work, exceptional customer service while working collaboratively with business users throughout the organization utilizing strong analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately interpret and execute business requirements producing meaningful, actionable products.Essential Functions:
- Develop, manage, schedule and document data operations and tasks, including extraction, movement, loading, archival, security, backup and aggregate table creation.
- Maintain and guide the technical ETL architecture, standards and infrastructure of the technologies and tools used in the BI program.
- Translate and communicate business needs in clear technical terms to the technical resources and the technical details in simple business terms to the leadership and non-technical people.
- Analyze requirements and architect appropriate solutions, with detailed design documents.
- Ensures that all development is in best interest for the end user experience and easily scalable.
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Be a key member of an Agile development team building the next generation of our Analytics platform
- Champions and values differences within the team. Utilizing this trait to drive more creative solutions.
- Holds self and team to highest standard.
- Consults and supports IT management in the development of tactical Enterprise Data Management and Business Intelligence plans.
- Define and develop reporting solution that consistently meet quality and performance requirements.
- Troubleshoot Production issues, identify root cause and implement fixes. Develop reporting standards and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data and maintaining and supporting the Data Warehouse.
- Development and maintenance of dashboards and reports using standard BI tools and other platforms based on enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Supporting the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse or other solutions deemed appropriate for the EDA organization.
- Demonstrate forward thinking for architecture growth.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Administration level side of the development.Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in an IT environment.
- Proven track record of success in 5+ years of BI that include the design, development, automated deployment, and teaching of solutions.
- 5-10 years of working with databases preferable Microsoft.
- Demonstrated successful experience with multiple Microsoft BI products.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BI certifications desirable.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in consultative, multi-tasking, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively and build trusting relationships with end users, IT management, and peers.
- Languages: T/U-SQL, C#, .NET, JSON, R, Python, XML, HTML
- Reporting solutions such as: PowerBI, SSRS, PowerPivot
- Ability to effectively design and develop prototypes, proofs of concept, pilots and solutions to validate architectural assumptions and assess technology options.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven track record of ability to document systems.
- Present oneself professionally.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. - provided by Dice PowerBI, SSRS, PowerPivot, Microsoft BI Products
Keywords: The Doyle Group, Denver , Senior Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!