CAD Software Engineer - Littleton
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet--- or any other--- are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking an experienced software engineer to help drive CAD automation. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with the mechanical design community to develop and implement CAD automation software modules focused on enforcing design standards, automating repetitive tasks, and streamlining design collaboration. This position reports to the Mechanical CAD (MCAD) Solutions Manager and will be leveraged across multiple programs as applicable.
The CAD Automation specialist will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining Creo Toolkit automation using Visual Studio IDE. Key responsibilities include:
* Maintain existing CAD automation developed in C++ using the Creo Toolkit API
* Design, develop, test, and debug new Creo automation solutions
* Collaborate with IT to deploy automation to CAD users
* Document software program development and usage instructions
* Work closely with the Mechanical CAD Solutions team to understand existing engineering processes and identify improvement opportunities
* Automate design rules and best practices to increase CAD quality while reducing time.
* Interface directly with CAD users to investigate and resolve CAD automation issues
* Support the implementation of Model-Based Enterprise initiatives (e.g. 3DPDF, ECAD-to-MCAD Collaboration, etc.)
Working closely with the MCAD Solutions team, the successful candidate will also engage across multiple Lines of Businesses and Programs as a champion of Creo automation, exploring and implementing future automation opportunities. Additionally, he/she will maintain knowledge of Space Digital Tapestry initiatives, enhancing and expanding the strategic implementation of Creo automation capabilities.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
* Paid time off
* Work/life balance
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* Experience developing software application in C/C++.
* Knowledge of pointers, data structure, memory management, and Object-Oriented Programming principles
* Experience using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to develop new software modules.
* Familiarity with 3D modeling software (i.e. Creo Parametric, NX, Catia, SolidWorks)
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to lead effective teams consisting of personnel with diverse backgrounds.
* Experience using Creo Parametric (or Pro/Engineer) to develop mechanical designs.
* Experience using Creo Toolkit API to develop applications that extends Creo Parametric.
* Experience researching, evaluating, testing, implementing, and/or supporting mechanical design and analysis software.
* Working knowledge of additional programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python, etc---)
* Experience with Product Lifecycle Management Systems (e.g. Windchill, Teamcenter) and configuration management processes.
* Experience supporting Aerospace and Defense.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Denver , CAD Software Engineer - Littleton, IT / Software / Systems , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!