Windows System Administrator (3 month contract)
Company: Corus Group, LLC
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Our client in the greater Denver area is seeking a Windows system administrator for a 3 month contract engagement. This technical resource will perform a range of tasks include analysis, evaluation, design, coding and testing, installation, maintenance, support, and monitoring.
- Within the context of the ITS/Business Strategic Plan supports information technology through activities including analyzing business and technical problems, designing, coding, testing, maintaining, supporting, documenting and installing information technology solutions.
- Provides operational support and incident resolution to server systems, applications and clients.
- Develops and maintains pertinent documentation and procedures for the technology area according to internal standards.
- Must effectively monitor servers and enterprise applications, making changes to maximize performance.
- Researches and identifies complex incidents and problems working to design and implement appropriate solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Shares on-call weekly rotation responsibility with team members for 24-hour problem resolution.
Education Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Experience 5-7 years experience Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and related enterprise applications, services and protocols including integrations with 3rd party COTS and custom developed applications (e.g. Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Mgmt, MS Clustering, ISA/TMG, OCS/Lync, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and WINS).
- Working knowledge of the creation and maintenance of network accounts, including email and group configurations, associated policies for usage, and information security.
- Ability to design and execution of enterprise backup and recovery schema.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows virtualization VMWare and/or Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with email messaging systems and architecture, including Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Servers, SPAM filtering techniques and SMTP Internet routing.
- Usage of external storage arrays (SAN and/or NAS), preferably NetApp.
- Ability to utilize storage efficiently and perform basic management.
- Familiarity with network architectures and TCP/IP networking.
- Familiarity with tools (e.g. BMC) for event management, incident management, change management and configuration management, and with the ITIL framework for these processes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft server-based products and their interactions with Microsoft client operating systems, and connectivity/interoperability protocols.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain operating systems, including virtualization solutions and managers, and enterprise-applications software.
- Ability to backup and recover operating systems and associated applications.
- Ability to optimize servers for use by applications, databases, and utilities, and to diagnose the unique challenges that may be presented by each type of use.
- Ability to configure and support 50+ Windows based servers (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012) on a global, multi-site LAN/WAN network.
***Nice to have ***
- Knowledge of one or more industry standard scripting languages (e.g VB Script, Powershell, etc) and the ability to leverage that knowledge in developing customized scripting solutions.
- Current Microsoft Systems Engineering certificate --- nice to have
- ITIL certification
- provided by Dice Windows/Servers/AD/SharePoint/Basic network support
Keywords: Corus Group, LLC, Denver , Windows System Administrator (3 month contract), IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!