Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: December 9, 2018
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About the Role
NetApp - SolidFire is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about working in the Linux Kernel and OS to build solutions for our state---of---the-art storage solution. This is a high --visibility role that will impact the fundamental performance of our cloud infrastructure products.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun and growing team responsible for delivering platforms for the NetApp Hyper Converged Infrastructure product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and passionate about getting things done using Agile principles, you may be just the person we're looking for!
What you will do:
- Participate in Agile teams to develop, test, and debug our custom Linux distribution
- Diagnose, debug and perform root-- cause analysis of issues and defects
- Become the Linux kernel expert for NetApp Solidfire
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable OS and tests to validate complex storage features
- 8+ years' experience working as a Software Engineer for a software development team working in Linux OS and Kernel
- Kernel crash and core analysis skills
- BASH and C++ programming skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Ability to participate in and drive technical discussions with your team and other cross-functional teams.
- Participate in technical discussions with groups within and outside immediate Business Units to create business synergy within NetApp and across Linux industry.
- Ability to come up with and execute on initiatives that will contribute towards NetApp's business goals, as well as establish NetApp's industrial leadership.
- Mentor junior engineers within surrounding functional units.
- Proficiency in product development and support within a Linux environment.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and optimization for features and systems.
- Ability to provide remote and onsite support to NetApp high profile customer field issues involving Linux (and its derivative) device and HBA drivers as part of the solution.---
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or experience in a related field.
You might also have:
- Experience as a technical contributor on an agile team
- Experience working with system level products - hyperconverged or enterprise storage appliances are the perfect match, but other industries could include networking, operating systems, virtualization, security, telecommunications and database systems
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Experience working in SAFe or Lean Agile
What you'll love about us
Our Culture: --It's our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it's the people
Our Location: --We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street Mall
Health Benefits: --NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
Financial and Savings Programs:-- Whether it's flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
Work Life balance and more: --To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers
Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: --We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do. Along the way, we've repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we'll help each other do our best work!
Keywords: NetApp, Denver , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!