Information Technology Director
Company: Brewers Association
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Information Technology DirectorBoulder, CO - Posted 11/02/2018
This position develops, oversees and executes the IT function for the Brewers Association. The IT Director manages two full-time employees and independent contractors. The position both oversees the internal technical infrastructure of the association and partners with our web team to create member-facing technological solutions. The position includes a high degree of maintenance for existing custom development solutions that were created in-house. This position oversees the long term plans as well as the daily operations of all IT-related matters.
This position requires both a high degree of technical expertise and leadership, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Oversee all IT systems and projects, including support needs and IT requests from eight internal departments.
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and setting priorities.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Direct and manage application development and assist when needed. Lead the charge on quality and reliability. Assist in application development.
o Provide support and maintenance for several applications including API, e-commerce sites, and customer sign-ups. Provide application uptime for -50,000 customers.
- Manage all financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with department heads and staff members regarding project status and timelines
- Oversee performance and development of IT staff members.
o Conduct quarterly check-ins and annual performance reviews.
- Stay current with the latest technologies and make recommendations for use of the most valuable new technology.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Passion for troubleshooting and internal customer support
- Excellent ability to build strong working relationships
o Specific focus in hands-on coding experience in .Net C#
- Strong ability to understand web applications and communicate requirements to developers
- Proven experience developing and implementing RESTful APIs, ideally in the Microsoft Azure environment.
- Proven experience with relational databases; specifically MS SQL Server: T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Replication
- Understanding of network and security best practices: TCP/IP, IP Addressing and Subnetting, Firewall access rules, VPN, VoIP. Familiarity with Fortigate firewalls is a plus.
- Understanding and experience with Windows Server 2012-2016, Patch deployment, Group Policy, DNS, Active Directory, and Load Balancing
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, MSSQL Server, Visual Studio, Git or Version Control familiarity, and Office 365.
- Experience with iMIS, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Scribe, PCI compliance, and GDPR is a plus
- Strong experience managing small teams
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong ability to set realistic deadlines
- Strong individual initiative
- Passion for craft brewers and their businesses
- Travel to Great American Beer Festival and other Brewers Association events as assigned.
- Travel to industry or professional development events as assigned
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Keywords: Brewers Association, Denver , Information Technology Director, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!