Software Development Engineer II
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Software Development Engineer II
Travelport is a leading travel commerce marketplace providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the USD 7 trillion global travel and tourism industry. The Travelport platform aggregates travel content from providers, enabling them to sell their products and services their way to travel agencies and corporations; 400 airlines, 600,000+ hotel properties, 35,000 car rental locations, 55 cruise and tour operators and 12 major rail networks are present on our platform. This results in 900 billion transactions a year made through our systems, creating real added-value to everyone in the travel supply chain.
This position resides in the Hospitality group within Travelport. Hospitality is responsible for securing distribution deals with major hotel, car chains and ground transportation companies all the way through to ensuring that our travel agent and corporate customers book our products. In addition, the Hospitality team is fully responsible for Travelport's Digital Media business (i.e. the distribution of travel advertising to our travel agents).
The Hospitality group is considered one of Travelport's key growth drivers over the coming years. As a result of this and the phenomenal revenue growth we have seen to date, we are looking for a resourceful and results-oriented engineer who will help in in developing the next generation of travel technology. You will join a growing team in building new platforms based on exciting technologies such as microservices architecture and cloud computing as we lead the company in the transformation to an Agile development approach.
Defining characteristics of our team are our ability to constantly learn and improve both in what and how we deliver value and in how we work together. By attending conferences, we stay abreast of developments in technology. We have frequent "developer days" to practice and learn new things in addition to team exercises to share our learnings. Through running experiments continuously, we find better ways of working. We visit and sit with customers to understand their needs, working hard to exceed their expectations. Our very flexible working environment fosters a work/life balance.
This role might be for you:
- If you love designing and developing highly scalable quality solutions
- If you demand to be a part of the end-to-end solution; from understanding the customer through loading the solution to production.
- If you resist being labeled a "back-end" or "front-end" developer and willing to do what's necessary to deliver the right thing to our customers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient with OOD and OOP
- Agile mindset and development experience
- Web Services Development (resource-oriented architecture, RESTful web services, XML JSON)
- 2-5 years of Java programming (experience with JDK 1.7+)
- Experience in 1+ other programming language
- Spring Framework 4.x.x
- Maven 3.x.x
Things that will separate you from the masses:
- Microservices development
- DevOps implementation (Deployment, Environment Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance.)
- CloudNative development
- Good handle on general application architecture constructs like high-availability, scalability, security and low-latency.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and common design patterns
- Exposure to networking (TCP, UDP, topologies), HTTP(s), binary protocols, firewalls and load balancers
- Understanding of concurrency, parallel processing, multi-threading
- Linux/Unix experience, bash shell scripting, cross platform development
- Linux/Unix sysadmin experience
- Cloud Management
- NoSQL/SQL/Relational DB
- Travel Industry experience
Auto req ID
Regular - Full Time
US - DENVER - ENGLEWOOD
Keywords: Travelport, Denver , Software Development Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!