Posted on: October 12, 2018
Passion, Effectiveness, Integrity, Resilience, and Leading Change.
These are more than just Nasdaq core values... these are qualities we hire for.
Global Technology is responsible for developing leading technology for our various businesses at Nasdaq including Corporate Solutions, Infrastructure, Operations and Information Security. Providing exchange and business technology is what supports our clients in all aspects of their business or marketplace.
Software Developer Specialist Overview:
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure.Responsibilities:
- Reviews independently system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs; implements and maintains software solutions and is generally given more difficult technical challenges.
- Determines systems software design requirements.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
- Develops security solutions for assignments increasing in complexity.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Modifies existing internal software products to add to new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency and makes changes as required.
- Ensures that applications are compatible across multiple platforms and browsers.
- Uses deep technical knowledge to design, code, test and/or customize software solutions to meet or exceed client requirements, adding market/industry trends as necessary.
- May be developing as a generalist and become more involved in various aspects of a project including firmware, hardware, architecture, database warehouse and mining, database design and analysis, software development and testing.
- One Page Web development (React JS, Angular JS)
- Linux based development (scripting, deployment)
- Solid understanding of OO design/development and specifically uses of Dependency Injection/IoC
- Basic knowledge of .Net/C#
- Testing frameworks (Mockito, JMeter, Selenium)
- Modern build frameworks (Maven, Gradle)
- Flex/Flash builder
- Windows Forms
- Deployment management (eg Puppet)
- Agile Development/Kanban (Jira, Rally, etc)
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: NASDAQ, Denver , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!