Principal Software Engineer (Active TS/SCI clearance required)
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2018
The Space Systems Business Area develops high performance, innovative components and systems that are changing how we reach, explore, and utilize space. Our capabilities range from spacecraft actuators that power the Mars rovers, to hybrid rocket technologies that powered the first commercial astronaut to space, and from microsatellites controlled by the Internet to Dream Chaser--, a winged and piloted orbital commercial spacecraft. SNC's Space Systems products innovate, enable and perform. Currently due to our fast growth we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer** Active TS/SCI clearance required. **PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware componentsADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assignedANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization MatrixCOMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team trainingFUNCTIONS:
- Desire expertise in embedded real-time flight software design and implementation, RTOSs including VxWorks. C++.
- Ability to manage software budget and schedule.
- Generate and manage software requirements.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a positionEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- 14+ Years pervious experience
- Experience designing and developing software
- Experience in project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility Matrix.IMPORTANT NOTICES:
- This position requires current/active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.*LIEB*CLSierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected statuspursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Denver , Principal Software Engineer (Active TS/SCI clearance required), IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!