Java Software Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Hello, I have a Senior, Middle and Lead Java Software engineer
roles open. -.Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development and maintenance work on an agile
scrum team focused on delivering non-traditional air content to our
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly
- Liaising with team members, management, and customers to ensure
projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and
- Lead technical design and code reviews for the team to ensure
quality of deliverables.
- Develop Java based APIs and micro services.
- Work with Director to gain understanding of long-term
technology impacts and ensure development resources are developing
in alignment with Travelport strategic vision
- Participate in feature and story refinement and research and
analyze impact for new capabilities.
- Ensure the successful completion of stories during each
iteration to achieve Program Increment Objectives
- Drive team velocity by working closely with the team to
motivate, guide and align all resources, ensuring functional
development work and maintenance and support activities are
completed in adherence to Travelport technology standards.
- Educate all development resources on java best practices,
performance-minded development, and Travelport standards
- Ensure team is updating status in corporate tools as required
eg: Jira, MS teams, Confluence, etc
- Generate ideas to improve overall system design and/or
streamline CI/CD pipeline to generate efficiencies in system
- Participate in supporting the availability and stability of
applications in production.What we look for/who would prosper in
- 5-7+ years of Java development and team leadership
- Experience in the development of scalable enterprise
applications in JSON, REST and micro-services on private and public
- Expertise with Eclipse, Linux, Spring/Hibernate, SonarQube,
HTTPS, XML, WSDL, Postman, SQL, noSQL and SOAP services
- Expertise with JUnit, REST-Assured or other automated testing
- Experience leading and mentoring Agile teams with a substantial
commitment to DevOps practices and Behavior Driven
- Proven expertise in micro services and cloud technologies.
- Experience in driving CI/CD initiatives and pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills,
effective conflict resolution skills, and good time management
- Proven experience in leading high performing teams
- Agile/SAFe certifications and experience preferred.
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and
- Attention to detail, persistence and follow-through a
- Appetite for learning and acquiring necessary knowledge
- Operates independently, requiring little supervision.
- Travel industry domain experience preferred
- B.S. degree in relevant field
Keywords: Lorien, Denver , Java Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!