Senior Software Engineer
Company: DAT Freight & Analytics
Posted on: August 7, 2022
About DATDAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a
next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the
leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics
for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year,
by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers
every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data
and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business
decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the
largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million
freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual
global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in
Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and
Bangalore, India. For additional information, see
www.DAT.com/company.The OpportunityDAT is looking for Senior
Software Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO.Candidate
profileWe're looking for an experience Senior Software Engineer who
will be responsible for designing and building compelling,
web-scale, consumer-facing data visualization products.In this
role, you will work with our team of product managers, UX
designers, data scientists, and data engineering experts using
cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable,
and sustainable. You'll be working with the data from our industry
dominant network of brokers and carriers to bring actionable
insights to our customers.What You'll Do
- Build analytics tools that utilize our data pipelines to
provide actionable insights for our customers in the freight
- Work across the stack from raw data to customer-facing APIs and
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries
through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
that assist them in building and optimizing our product into
innovative industry leaders.
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on
schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other
team membersThe Skills You'll Need
- A degree in Computer Science Statistics, Engineering,
Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Experience in a software development role, preferably in a
web-scale, consumer facing product role (as opposed to internal
- Experience working with Angular or other modern JS frameworks
utilizing a Node backend preferred.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or
similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies
such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional programming
languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with
relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working
familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured
- A successful history of creating rich data visualizations that
drive insights for customers.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with and supporting high availability SaaS
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
in a dynamic environment.For Colorado-based candidates, in
compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the
minimum salary for this role is $130,000.00 + benefits. The maximum
compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your
job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as
scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work
experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity,
and market and business elements when extending an offer.DAT
embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a
core strength of our company that we encourage those values in
every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless
of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals With
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: DAT Freight & Analytics, Denver , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!