Posted on: August 7, 2022
Uses advanced skills to perform functions associated with the
installation, integration and/or maintenance of wireless equipment.
Installs and maintains mobile test equipment. Performs database
changes, repairs on all cell site components as well as wide area
network equipment. Demonstrates the ability to resolve difficult
problems. Works with contractors on existing cell site reports to
ensure work is being done to engineering specifications. Assists
other technicians in monitoring and/or testing wireless network
performance and/or resolving cell site problems. Additional
responsibilities may include switch database changes, testing
digital circuits and interpreting results. Assumes 24 hour on call
duty when assigned. Carries a pager at all times. Must maintain an
acceptable driving record. Performs other duties as assigned by
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties
performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not
limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
1. Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established
safety practices and procedures.
2. Uses sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices,
meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring,
repairing, maintaining and testing wireless, transmission, and
3. Performs required incidental and preventative maintenance on
cell site, power equipment, transmission, and associated equipment,
and completes necessary logs, reports and postings.
4. Operates Personal Computer, or similar devices, to access
required systems and equipment.
5. Coordinates clearing of trouble with other groups and
organizations and works with other employees and / or customers in
the maintenance and installation of wireless service.
6. Moves and / or lifts material weighing up to a maximum of 60
pounds and drive long distances safely to complete job
7. Works independently, with minimal guidance or assistance.
8. Provides instruction, assistance, and guidance to other
technicians as required.
9. Performs Network surveillance and emergency response as
necessary. Normally required to be available for after hour
projects, on-call duty, and overtime.
10.Drives company vehicle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
1. Conducts collection and presentation of field data of wireless
market as required.
2. Performs basic grounding system maintenance.
3. Basic knowledge of pertinent FCC / FAA / EPA / OSHA
4. Performs manual or electronic cross connect function.
5. Performs translations, uses computer inputs to create, modify,
and/or correct database contents, i.e. cell translations, microwave
system analysis, Digital Cross Connect
6. Performs BSC functions such as, Lifelines, card replacements,
troubleshoots and repairs RP and CP faults, loads TRU's and
troubleshoots and repairs BTS faults from the BSC side.
Must have unimpaired hearing, able to communicate orally and via
telephone. Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed
material, lift/carry 60 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, must be able
to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in other uncomfortable positions
to accomplish tasks. Must have good hand/eye coordination and be
able to work with hand tools.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
--- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime,
emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. Must assume
24-hour on-call duty when assigned.
--- Must also have at least 2 years related technical training or
equivalent experience or have minimum of 1-year time in title as
Wireless Technician, or MSC/RNOC Technician.
--- Requires valid state driver's license, or CDL, whichever is
applicable, and satisfactory driving record check.
--- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gearshift.
--- May be required to be away from home location for extended
periods of time.
--- May work outside in all type of weather.
--- Classroom training. May be away from home location.
--- On-the-job training.
--- Computer Based training.
--- On-line training.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a
manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local
Keywords: AT&T, Denver , Wireless Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!