Software Engineer, III (Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private
sector and government. We use modern development practices to build
software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through
exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients
for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these
values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners, and
employees, because we believe this is fundamental to doing great
This position has multiple openings and will remain open until all
positions are filled. Please expect an update on your application
in approximately two weeks from submission. Beginning December 8th,
we'll be accepting applications for interviews beginning in January
2022. We're excited to speak with you!
We are seeking empathetic, curious, and quick-learning engineers to
join our team. A position with Truss will allow you to use your
rich skill-set to build an energetic yet balanced environment with
a team of curious, helpful people.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the
ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the
ability to communicate well in writing.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive
- Excitement to experiment with new technologies and best
- Excitement to mentor and teach others how to maintain software
- The ability to think holistically about software delivery and
- Have worked on one or more production-ready systems.
- Experience with one commonly used programming language such as
Truss encourages applicants from a wide range of experience to
apply, including those with backgrounds in application, UI,
backend, and/or frontend engineering, as well as generalists. We
would like you to have experience in 3-4 of the following:
- Agile delivery practices.
- Human-centered design research practices.
- Automation of testing, deployments, or other repeatable
- One web framework such as React, Vue, Angular, Rails, Django,
Flask, Express, etc.
- Modern web technologies such as HTML, CSS.
- Common API design patterns like REST or GraphQL.
- Common databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and data schema
- Converting design wireframes or mockups into working code.
- If you have experience outside of what is reflected here,
that's great! We'll be pleased to exercise your unique skill set.
We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. We encourage all
interested candidates to apply!
In this position you will:
- Work cross-functionally on project teams to form and drive
technical decisions to completion.
- Collaborate closely across practices such as Product and Design
to build solutions that keep the end-user in mind.
- Plan complex projects and define smaller pieces of
collaborative work for your team.
- Support team dynamics that empower technical teams to set and
advocate for best practices and standards.
- Actively share your knowledge and experiences with teammates
through pairing or demos or talks.
- Share experiences and collaborate with other seasoned
application engineers to expand the AppEng practice skill set.
- Begin to mentor L1-L3 Application engineers through active
pairing and project design.
- Think holistically about engineering issues, using engineering
- Actively write new documentation and continually improve
- Learn to set up a technical project/product for adoption on
other teams and projects.
- Collaborate with our clients and partners to invent, implement,
and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems.
The salary range for this role is $137,000 - $166,500.
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately,
we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Truss is a federal contractor and as such must adhere to executive
order 14042 for the Covid Vaccination mandate regarding federal
contractors. Upon employment, Truss will request proof of
vaccination. If a medical or religious accommodation is needed, a
discussion can be held with our People Operations department.
** A note from Truss: We know you're likely experiencing a lot of
disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and
other events - we're experiencing it, too. During video interviews,
you'll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners,
kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present
and engaged, but we may be a little...harried. It's OK if you are,
too - we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress
right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us
know, and stay healthy and safe. **
Keywords: Truss, Denver , Software Engineer, III (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!