Software Test Engineer - Remote
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionFounded in 1994, Mindex specializes in software
development for large enterprise clients in the Rochester, NY area
and for New York State K-12 schools. We are a rapidly growing
organization expanding heavily into cloud app. development and
modernizing our home-grown K-12 Student Management System,
SchoolTool leads the way as the most trusted web-based student
management system in New York State. Designed specifically to meet
NYS requirements and school districts, it provides secure access to
real-time data and time-saving tools for K-12 school
administrators, faculty, staff, and parents.
The SchoolTool team is seeking an experienced Software Test
Engineer to help expand our core platform development team and
accelerate our efforts to modernize from .NET Framework to .NET
Core. As a member of the team you'll play a key role in determining
how to best solve customer needs through testing developed software
solutions and driving deep automation of the software development
lifecycle through the adoption of DevOps culture and methods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a member of an agile team to design, test, document,
and demonstrate software.
- Plan, code, and maintain tests, leveraging automated testing
frameworks, tools, and services to ensure that developed solutions
meet customer needs.
- Work closely with the product owners and user experience
designers to understand customer needs, refine proposed designs,
and plan the testing of developed solutions.
- Document defects, communicate steps to reproduce, and work with
software developers to debug software issues and ensure robust
- Track and communicate the status of testing to agile team
members and conduct demonstrations of functionality on an as needed
basis to peers and stakeholders of the team.
- Write technical documentation of system changes in conformance
with department standards.
- Train users in operation of new or modified systems and
investigate hard to replicate support issues.
- Maintain awareness of technological developments in computer
hardware and software systems.
- Mentor junior test engineers to improve their skills to become
more effective test engineers.
- A passion for working on enterprise-grade software in the K-12
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
- Four+ years automated test experience
- Two+ years of experience contributing to the design of
automated testing on new and current systems
- Experience with automated testing tools, preferably Selenium,
TestComplete, MSTest, or Postman
- Experience in programming languages C#, JS, or VBScript
- Experience in transactional database querying, preferably MS
- Experience writing test scripts for Single Page Web
- Experience writing test scripts for RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
- Experience influencing automated testing best practices within
- Experience with profilers, continuous integration, and GIT a
- Experience writing test scripts for Mobile Applications,
preferably Xamarin a plus
- Experience with load and performance testing a plus
- Experience and/or certification in AWS a plus
- Health insurance and telemedicine
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401k retirement savings plan and company match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Paid family leave
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Health reimbursement account
- Tickets to sporting events
- Teambuilding events
- Holiday and celebration parties
- License to Udemy online training courses
- Leadership training
- Professional development
- Growth opportunities
- Annual review
Keywords: Mindex, Denver , Software Test Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!