Systems Engineer II
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Systems Engineer II will be responsible for ongoing operation
of nationwide wireless network services while applying a customer
centric approach to troubleshooting and resolving service issues in
a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on improving our customer's wireless service
- Aggressively pursue high standards of wireless network
performance and availability.
- Assess and resolve wireless service impairments using
fundamental knowledge of IP routing, wireless access and
infrastructure systems related to defects encountered in
configuration item modifications or deployments.
- Contribute to the development of internal support processes,
documentation, and procedures.
- Provide articulate verbal and/or written impact assessments to
management in English.
- Aggressively pursue high standard of network and system
performance and availability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Network Operations and
wireless teams to proactively identify and resolve potential
system, network and customer impacts in the maintenance
- Create detailed documentation and be able to apply knowledge of
network security best practices.
- Work with OSS applications and software.
- Perform other, collateral duties as requested by manager.BASIC
/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Interdisciplinary
Telecom, Wireless & Cellular Communications, or related field and /
or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of systems engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of combined Wireless Systems and/or
Support Center work experience)
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting and resolving network
service impairments.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Red
Hat Systems Administration (RHCSA), VmWare (VCP-DCV) or WiFi /
- Experience with large distributed networks and MSO / Wireless
- Proficient using multiple, industry standard, operating system
environments including Linux, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, JunOS, VMWare.
- Experience of IP routing, wireless access and infrastructure
systems to quickly assess and resolve wireless service
- Proficiency leveraging packet-analysis tools and network
analytics platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network
- Knowledge and exposure to and functional knowledge of IP
routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well
as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS,
- Familiarity with the following equipment is a plus: Cisco UCS,
Ruckus vSZ/SCG/ZD, Cisco WLC, Cisco Nexus/ASR, Nokia 7750, Netscout
- Demonstrated knowledge across all layers of the OSI model.
- Experience supporting WiFi, 4G LTE/IMS, 5G infrastructure and
end-to-end system/call flow knowledge.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of Python, Splunk, Wireshark, Netscout.
- CCNA/CCNP (Wireless).
- CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator.
- Knowledge of industry products and services.
- VCP-DCV or comparable VMware certificationISY340-NTO 309598
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $73,100.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Systems Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!