Backend Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Backend Software Engineer plays one of the most important
roles in our companys overall platform development process. Our
ideal candidate will bring deep expertise with modern software
development practices and tools to create world-class, cloud-native
applications running on AWS. They must have the ability to adapt
quickly to shifting priorities and work effectively as part of a
versatile, global development team. Candidates must also be
comfortable discussing complex requirements and leading the
discovery phase with various business and technical groups.
Most importantly, the ability to quickly learn and absorb a new,
complex software platform is a must! Our candidate will be
passionate about continuously expanding their knowledge and
skillset in search of innovative, yet technically feasible,
solutions for the benefit of the company.
This role sits remote/any US location.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, QA engineers,
web/database development teams, data scientists, and product
managers to translate business and functional requirements into
- Design, develop and integrate new software components into a
fully functional software platform
- Enhance and optimize cloud infrastructure for a software
platform that must handle high-volume requests
- Test and troubleshoot issues efficiently along with accurately
estimating time and effort required to repair
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways
to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and
- 3+ years of Java software development experience with
large-scale applications in a continuous integration
- Experience with SQL (familiarity with NoSQL databases such as
Cassandra is a plus)
- Familiarity with Aerospike.
- Familiarity with Streaming/Messaging Platforms such as Kafka is
- Familiarity with Maven, Jenkins, JMeter.
- Familiarity with working in a cloud environment (AWS is a
- Experience with Git
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum development team using
tools such as Jira to manage work requests
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
We offer full health coverage, generous PTO, and a great office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to foster community,
inclusion and diversity within the organization. We encourage all
qualified candidates, regardless of racial, religious, sexual or
gender identity, to apply.
Keywords: Adtheorent, Denver , Backend Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!