Company: dentsu international
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to
help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change.
Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and
specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through
creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu
Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143
countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some
of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat,
dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us
on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a
force for good-for our people, for our clients, for the industry
and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating
space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We
embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams
to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent
environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better
collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better
outcomes for all.
- "Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on
a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position or
Location to work
- Must live in the USA - East Coast or Central Time Zone,
- $90k to $105k (no bonus offered)
As a Software Engineer on our Technology Team, you will help us
support and innovate our platforms that support web sites and media
operations for major companies. We firmly believe in the DevOps
mentality and are looking for Engineers who not only want to build
platforms, but also the tooling and systems that allow us to
efficiently test and operate them. You can expect to be hands-on in
supporting and debugging our systems, and you will also need to
understand how our systems are used to ensure we build what the
business needs. We are distributed globally and operate as
remote-first team. As with all our team members, you'll be afforded
the opportunity to continuously learn, and to practice sharing that
expertise with other team members in a variety of structured and
informal teaching forums.
Building, Delivering, and Operating Our Platforms
- Working inside of a team to implement solutions that best meet
our users' needs and will be easy to operate
- Following best practices, leveraging technology and frameworks
effectively, and ensuring work fits well into its
- Monitoring our applications and systems and investigating
issues that arise
- Understanding the impact your work can have on the health of
our systems and acting to minimize risks
Communicating Inside the Team
- Communicating with Technology Team members to facilitate
implementation of your work
- Presenting materials that help advance and inform the team
Leading by Example
- Working with fellow engineers to cover knowledge gaps and
identify solutions to problems
- Demonstrating and modelling proactive and thoughtful
identification of issues and opportunities for technical
- A minimum of two years of experience in software development;
demonstrating successful design, build, rollout and ongoing
delivery of business-critical consumer-facing applications and data
pipelines starting from raw business requirements.
- Successful experience working in an Agile/Scrum
- Experience with languages like Ruby, Python, and
- Professional experience using web application frameworks
(Rails, Sinatra, Django, or Flask are ideal, but others are
acceptable also) to build high-traffic websites, applications, and
- Experience using orchestration frameworks (Airflow is ideal,
but others are acceptable also)
user interfaces or UI components (React is ideal, but others like
Angular and Vue.js are good also)
- Knowledge of pragmatic engineering practices like iterative
releases, test-driven development, continuous integration, and the
use of version control systems (Git/GitHub is our primary system,
but experience with TFS would be helpful too).
- Non-trivial experience with any SQL-based RDBMS (PostgreSQL
experience is especially useful).
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (Redis) and asynchronous task
processing a plus.
- Experience with digital marketing or advertising a plus.
- Microservices architecture experience is a plus.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our
mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive,
equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating
space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive.
Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships
with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We
engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by
fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works
for all. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds
encouraged to apply.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!