Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Description: Scrum Master Job Location: Denver, CO Reporting
to: Director of Product Delivery Inspirato is seeking a Scrum
Master to join our Product Delivery team. This position resides
within the Product Development and Technology organization and is
accountable for the processes, procedures, Agile methodologies,
work structures, time-saving hacks and task management systems that
allow our industry-changing applications to come to life. This
person will be the glue that holds delivery teams together and the
grease that relentlessly improves how they operate and deliver.
Owl-like listening and observation skills are key: The ideal
candidate knows how to read people and situations to gauge
project/team health, sensing exactly when and how to intervene. The
role is built for a true "servant leader" who thrives on leading
and supporting teams in a myriad of impartial yet influential ways,
all for the greater good of the overarching program. Our Product
Delivery team believes in
- Servant leadership
- Team optimization
- Iterative development & Incremental delivery
- Delivering value and quality
- Continuous feedback & learning
- Challenging status quo
- Adapting to shifting realities
- Providing clear (and quantifiable, when possible)
- Saying "No" Responsibilities
- Effectively manage multiple delivery teams in a fast-paced,
high-pressure environment through overlapping projects, iterations,
and continuous delivery.
- Work with Product/Technology leads to prepare items for
development: independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small,
testable stories (INVEST).
- Work with Product/Technology leads to identify resources,
define roles, assign tasks, and track deliverables.
- Work with Product/Technology leads to implement best practices
and create new efficiencies to boost productivity.
- Lead team ceremonies such as daily standups, retrospectives,
sprint planning and reviews.
- Participate in cross-functional ceremonies, such as Scrum of
Scrums, to own updates on behalf of teams including but not limited
to the release train and upcoming deliverables.
- Set meeting agendas and drive decisions while simultaneously
capturing action items and next steps to ensure timely follow-up
and follow-through. Also, adapt a meeting real-time when necessary,
to achieve the best outcome.
- Regularly report project status and resource utilization in
clear, concise terms that are easily consumed by both team members
- Maintain priorities and delivery detail including feature
status, timing, dependencies, and risks.
- Manage projects with an eye on scope, time, cost, and quality.
Escalate risks and impediments in a timely manner.
- Assist and hold teams accountable for working agreements.
- Assist and hold product owners responsible for using product
requirements documents, writing quality stories, and prioritizing
must-have scope first.
- Create and own delivery plans to facilitate product launches
and complex releases.
- Foster a results-driven culture, while continuously driving
improvements and efficiencies.
- Be hyper-aware when it comes to team interactions: clearing up
miscommunications, removing unspoken impediments, boosting morale,
and stepping up to manage details large and small.
- Be an outspoken evangelist for Agile methodologies, always
looking for creative ways to keep teams and stakeholders
- Conduct annual retrospectives to derive common themes for
delivery teams and across the organization.
- Manage processes in Jira Software; recommend and help implement
enhancements to improve how work items are created, monitored, and
- Optimize Jira settings and configuration: backlog, board,
dashboards, workflows, custom fields, fix versions, automation
- Employ tactful combination of "carrots and sticks" to advance
work forward and focus on delivering value to end users.
- Be passionate about customer satisfaction, process, product
quality, and reliability.
- Build and foster strong working relationships, establishing
trust through leading by example. Required skills
- Experience with Atlassian including Jira Software and
Confluence, preferably as an administrator
- Experience managing multiple projects and delivery teams at
- Experience working in a software product or project management
- Experience interacting with entire spectrum of management
including top executives
- Strong leadership skills; adept at motivating and coaching
- Disciplined mindset and process-oriented nature
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Rock-solid organization and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as scrum master or similar role in
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Scrum Master Certification is a plus
- Project Management Certification is a plus Compensation -
$75,000 - $92,000 Base Salary We believe in building a compensation
structure that reflects the comparable market pay rate for
positions at companies similar in size, revenue generation and
geographic location; in addition to individual factors including
seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and
experience related to scope of responsibilities. Bonus - This
position is eligible for the company's bonus plan, to the extent
offered, at a target bonus percentage of up to 10% of your annual
salary. Benefits - This position is eligible for a health and
welfare benefits package including medical, dental & vision
insurance. FAM Trip - This Position is eligible for the Employee
Familiarization Travel Program following three (3) consecutive
months of employment. This program provides you up to one seven (7)
day reservation in an eligible Inspirato property per your
employment calendar year - subject to seasonal property demands and
the company Employee Familiarization Travel Program Terms and
Keywords: Inspirato, Denver , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!