Network Engineer III - WiFi-6 and Firmware Testing
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, internet
and voice company. We're committed to integrating the highest
quality service with superior entertainment and communications
products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and
entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect
24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our
commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is
the bedrock of Charter's business strategy and it's the philosophy
that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversee the design and architecture of Charter's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Looking for an Individual contributor who will take responsibility
for and provide independent leadership in the development of WiFi
technologies and features. Coordinate with other contributors to
implement designed features, create test cases and own the user
experience of our Wi-Fi products.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become an expert at Wi-Fi testing and the development of future
- Research and development of wireless technologies and solutions
for use in customer premise WiFi equipment deployed in carrier
- Work within schedules and adhere to deadlines in the development
and validation of features
- Using requirements for WiFi hardware and features, develop tests
plans and test cases to validate proposed requirements
- Employing critical thinking skills to analyze test results to
fine tune testing and drive bug remediation.
- Identify root causes of RF and wireless issues encountered with
equipment deployed in the lab, at test houses or in production
- Understanding and administration of wireless test equipment,
analysis, and processing of test results.
- Working with vendors to ensure adequate support and resolution of
- 3+ years with Wi-Fi Experience
- 3+ years Developing test cases
- Experienced with testing equipment and test methodologies
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to think outside the box and is creative
- Understanding and working knowledge of WiFi/Wireless Protocols &
- Ability to troubleshoot issues methodically and understand the
- Proficient data networking knowledge (OSI Model, Protocols, basic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a lab environment.
- Proven technology expertise, leadership skills, excellent written
and oral communication skills, and a strong customer-service
- Understand of WiFi access technologies (802.11ax/ad/ay, 6GHz),
WiFi dev and testing
- (preferred) Experience working with any MSO, Chipset Provider or
- Experience with 802.11 standard
- Experience with the following testing tools: Ixia, Spirent,
Octobox, Keysight and Rohde & Schwarz
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in job experience
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Network Engineer III - WiFi-6 and Firmware Testing, IT / Software / Systems , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!