Technical Product Owner
Company: American Family
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Location: Remote Work
Location: AF-WA Seattle Office
Location: AF-MA Boston Office
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in
ways never imagined.American Family Insurance is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R21434 Technical Product Owner (Open) Compensation may vary based
on the job level and your geographic work location. Compensation
Minimum: Compensation Maximum:
This Role Might Be For You If
- You have experience in owning software products and defining
long-term product strategy and vision.
- You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical,
and critical thinking.
- You understand software development life-cycle and have working
knowledge of the architectural components in a micro-services
- You have proven ability to understand complex business and
technical concepts, and have good judgment when faced with
- You drive product communications across organizations providing
clarity in decisions. In This Job, You Will
- Work with business stakeholders and Senior Engineers across
multiple teams to design and build highly available systems for
American Family's PaaS platform.
- Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum,
- Drive alignment on product features, business metrics, and
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and
translate into clear priorities for the product.
- Develop product roadmap including upward communication of key
decisions and KPI measurement. American Family Insurance is an
Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.Basic
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Business Analytics, Computer
Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of professional experience in engineering, solutions
architecture, or product management.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and
collaborating across multiple teams in a large organization.
- Experience working on product teams with competing priorities
and aggressive timelines.
- A background in technology or design, with an understanding of
B2C and B2B2C workflows.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical
skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on
research, data, and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing
detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope,
schedule and deploy new feature sets. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development
- Working knowledge of data analytics and experience in Python,
- MBA or experience in Property and Casualty Insurance is
- Experience building and growing an e-commerce sales
- Conversational on the foundations of aggregation theory. Travel
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software development
process with an appreciation for maintaining a high-quality bar
with low operational overhead.
- Experience in data-driven products, data science facilitation,
and iterative development lifecycles to solve business
- Ability to set and prioritize one's own work agenda and drive
team progress in focused areas by being proactive, detail-oriented,
and a strong team player.
- Proficiency with JIRA or other agile development workflow
tools, along with digital road mapping solutions.
- Familiarity with Cloud products, architecture, microservices,
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals.
- Comfortable assessing and taking risks.
- Ability to develop, lead, and motivate teams
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that
support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will
have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
benefits.Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: American Family, Denver , Technical Product Owner, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!