Database Applications Manager
Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: May 4, 2021
2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA Req #670 Friday, April 23,
2021 The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to
work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the
creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families,
children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition
advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of
services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those
it serves. The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Database
Applications Manager to manage the on-going operations, staff
training and end user support of the database application systems
used by staff at the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless. This
position works with all departments to ensure a wide variety of
operational aspects including adherence to database policies and
procedures, coordinating change management, executing trainings,
systems upgrades, managing the database support help desk, along
with creating, updating and running reports from various
applications. This position is located at 2130 Stout Street,
Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the VP of Information
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of
our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment:
full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their
own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for
coverage of eligible dependents. Were proud to offer same- and
opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to
5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick
leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in
their first full year. Essential Job Functions
- Develop a complete understanding of the applications and
database construction to provide support for services and
operations across the organization.
- Communicate all database-related information to affected staff,
physicians and providers in a timely and effective manner, using a
variety of methods when appropriate.
- Manage policies and procedures to support process adherence and
- Actively participate on committees and contribute to program
and staff development.
- Manage and provide supervision to DATA team members to ensure
high level of customer service for application support and end user
- Recruit, mentor and develop support specialists, nurturing an
environment where they can professionally excel.
- Drive KPIs including time to first response, ticket close rate,
and active ticket management.
- Coordinate the use of additional systems, such as patient
portal, HIE, dental EHR, population management system.
- Work closely with billing, IT, clinic operations/management,
and program staff to ensure efficient and effective operations of
database processes and software support.
- Assist end users and IT in problem-solving
- Manage and provide oversight for all systems and template
- Create, update, and run reports to track and measure program
and agency outcomes.
- Produce and review regular reports to ensure data integrity and
proper use of the system.
- Chair the EHR Core Team, serve on other various other internal
and external committees.
- Manage relationships with software, services and other
- Report regularly to Vice President of Information
- Other duties as assigned. Employee must be able to perform
essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or
others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High school diploma or equivalent degree required.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or another related field
- Previous expertise in managing and building highly engaged
- Prior experience working with a diverse range of information
systems using SQL, Oracle or other similar databases
- Experience providing information services in non-profit,
healthcare or human services field preferred.
- Familiarity with NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) and the
Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) applications highly
- Occasional nights and/or weekend required, depending on project
needs. The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to
delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting
volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40,
race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical
condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other
applicable status protected by law.
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Denver , Database Applications Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!