Technical Operations Lead
Company: Artisan Biotechnologies
Posted on: April 11, 2021
The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell
therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet
this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering
foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the
complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we
have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry
to generate cell products that consistently produce positive
outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote
motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are
expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build
a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises,
experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating
Essential Job Functions:
The Lead for Technical Operations will plan, direct, coordinate,
and oversee technical operations in the organization, ensuring
development and implementation of efforts that deliver on
operational goals. The Lead will report directly to the Chief
- Lead and manage technical staff spanning multiple competencies
required for cell engineering; including, for example, genome
editing, genome engineering, genotype/phenotype assays, process
engineering, and data sciences.
- Work with operational leaders to develop, implement and track
key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop timelines and
processes for tracking KPIs.
- Oversee the scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of
deliverables, and other activities for internal and partnered
programs as it pertains to Artisan.
- Act as the key relationship manager and primary contact for
Artisan in partnered programs and ensure appropriate communication
channels are maintained as well as recommend courses of action
regarding partner management issues.
- Lead internal Artisan escalation meetings to ensure quick
response to any concerns or challenges related to technical
- Review and oversee program budget(s) to meet financial and
company goals proactively.
- Establish and enforce accountability for cost reduction
- Ensure clear lines of communication and expectations throughout
- Evaluate and coach employees as required.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset within the
organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and
Education and Experience:
- PhD and 15+ years of experience in a cell engineering relevant
field (biochemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry,
etc.). At least 5 years in a technical and/or operations management
level position (e.g. Director).
- Experience working with laboratory-based biotechnology
processes and principles required. Ideally experience with DNA
foundry operations spanning the design, build, test, and learn
- Strong understanding of personnel management and associated
strategies for building and cultivating high performance teams.
Including use of project management software.
- Ability to run searches and hire excellent candidates at the
Sr. Scientist to Director level.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to
deliver complex technical reports and communicate effectively with
management, partners and technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of how to manage and document sensitive and
confidential situations and materials and Intellectual
- Deep understanding of documentation, safety and other
laboratory operations issues.
- Up to 10% international and domestic travel required. Must be
able to travel on EU or Visa waiver.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Position will have up to 6 direct
reports, all at the Director or Associate Director Level.
Please send resume and cover letter to . Please no third party
Keywords: Artisan Biotechnologies, Denver , Technical Operations Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!