Sr. Software Engineer - Mindflash (Remote)
Company: ATSI Engineering Services
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Sr. Software Engineer - Mindflash (Remote) Denver , Colorado ,
United States - Mindflash Engineering - Full-time - Fully remote
*Please Note: At this time, Applied is only accepting applications
from candidates residing in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida,
Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South
Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. Come join
our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a
fast-paced, creative environment where your ideas matter. Applied
Training Systems, Inc. is seeking a remote* Senior Software
Engineer to contribute to the next phase of growth with our
company's brands and product portfolio. The ideal candidate for
this critical position will contribute high quality software and
engineering expertise as a technical leader with our talented
engineering group. Your contributions will focus on our Mindflash
SaaS products. This position reports to the Director, Software
Engineering and collaborates with senior leadership from the
product and engineering departments. About our brands:
Our suite of employee management software solutions delivers an
integrated approach to talent development. At Trakstar and
Reviewsnap we're modernizing and streamlining the performance
review process, providing relevant solutions to today's companies.
Recruiterbox delivers recruitment software that features numerous
tools to make the hiring process easier and more productive.
Mindflash is a leading online Learning Management System, making it
easy to provide employee, associate, and/or customer training in
the cloud. These tools used together create a market-defining
employee lifecycle management solution that charts a path for a
workforce from hire to retire. What we do: Our company mission is
to up-level employee performance from hire to retire, because we
believe people are happier and healthier when they know their work
matters. At Applied, we hire only the best people - individuals who
impress their prospects and clients with their industry knowledge
of best practices and with insights into how Applied's
ever-expanding employee management tools can help their businesses
grow and scale. What you'll do: The team you will be joining
focuses on delivering high quality (low escaped defects), well
tested (cypress/selenium automation framework with focus on unit
test coverage), secure (scanned and verified), scalable (AWS, but
hardware isn't the answer), software that delivers exceptional
experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a
growing company, be part of an excellent team, architect solutions
to complex problems, and deliver valuable features where clean code
matters.-- You will -
- Build subject matter expertise on your team's code base and
- Write clean, production-ready code that is easily understood
and well tested.
- Do no harm and leave it better than you found it when
- Serve in an on-call rotation (DevOps philosophy where you will
participate in ops) and respond promptly to any production issues
to remediate rapidly.
- Be a teammate, communicate well, show up when expected, and be
- Write secure code. Avoid introducing an OWASP vulnerability.
Know how APIs are secured, sessions are handled, and data is
- Work in an agile development model and participate or even lead
sprint planning activities to break down epics, estimate accurately
- Look for and surface dependencies that can create technical
challenges, bottlenecks or otherwise inhibit deliveries.
- Build reliable observability; monitor and log alerts to ensure
the team is aware of, and can respond to, quality issues or
- Help other teammates resolve complex problems or think through
design/architecture challenges. Be available and responsive.
- Foster an excellent engineering culture based in trust,
accountability, character, and honesty.
- Seek feedback and deliver constructive criticism (e.g., code
reviews) in a tactful and empathetic manner; build others up and
mentor without ego.
- Be proactive in moving to new cards/stories and contributing to
the team's forward momentum.
- Participate and hold code reviews to ensure high quality
- Possess a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience. Emphasis
in engineering, data science, computer science or information
systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience
with SaaS applications.
- Proficiency with Node.js and Angular a must.
- Experience with C#, Go, Terraform, Typescript a plus.
- Knowledge of Git source control, versioning/branching,
- Proficient in AWS systems (Lambda, ECS, Security Groups,
CloudWatch, Ops tools, etc.)
- Experience with Agile SCRUM model.
- Knowledge of code coverage and unit testing frameworks.
- Familiar with ticket tracking (e.g., JIRA/Pivotal).
- Knowledge of best practices for microservice architecture and
- Comfortable with RESTful APIs, secure sessions, identity and
access management providers (OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Proficient with database queries, SQL, optimization and tuning
(MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of caching systems (Redis, Memcache,
- Familiar with queueing systems (RabbitMQ, SQS, ActiveMQ, etc.).
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Range $100,000 - $135,000/year
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Group term life, short-term disability, and long-term
- Voluntary life, critical illness, and accident coverage
- 401(k) program with pre-tax and post-tax options + employer
Keywords: ATSI Engineering Services, Denver , Sr. Software Engineer - Mindflash (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!