Unison Systems has an immediate need for a "Database
Administrator." This is a direct or contract to hire position with
our Denver, CO client, where the main role will be:
The Database Administrator is responsible for support and
administration of all Client database operations. Including, but
not limited to, data integrity, security, replication, database
backup / recovery, performance tuning, deployment, and
- Plan and implement disaster recovery procedures
- Ensure data integrity and security
- Analyze and tune database performance
- Develop Transact-SQL objects and write DML for production
- Design schemas as required
- Monitor production environments
- Provide data architecture guidance
- Facilitate the efficient flow of data
- Perform database upgrades, patches and migrations
- Work with developers in their interactions with the
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Participate in an on call rotation
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
of study, or equivalent experience and training.
Five (5) or more year experience in production database
Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, Replication,
Integration Services, Reporting and Transact-SQL required.
Experience with third party monitoring and backup tools.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to anticipate and identify problems as well as provide
Ability to prioritize, work effectively, independently, and with
others in a collaborative, deadline-sensitive environment.
Knowledge of the mortgage industry is helpful, but not
XML, SQL Trace and Performance monitoring knowledge required.
Windows PowerShell scripting is helpful, but not required.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Glendale, CO
Unison Systems Inc. is a full-service IT consulting firm that
specializes in both IT contingency based staffing and end-to-end IT
Business and Software solutions. As an independent, locally owned
consulting firm that has been in business since 1997, we have 3
main areas of expertise: Software Life Cycle Support, Data
Warehouse Support, and Infrastructure Support