Senior IT Project Manager - Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Posted on: February 24, 2021
This role will drive a business continuity & disaster recovery
initiative with our ITS Infrastructure teams. The project manager
will work with the ITS teams to buildout requirements to define the
recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO).
The project manager will work closely with the infrastructure
management, enterprise architecture and enterprise security to
determine the architecture and to develop a project plan and drive
the team to execute the project. The ITS project manager will be
responsible for driving the development of the disaster recovery
plan and to successfully execute a test. This position will play a
support role in creating a cohesive portfolio of projects to
support ITS and larger organizational strategies, as well as
communicating and executing upon the overall strategy for the
organization. During project execution the Project Manager is
accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision
in a matrixed organization. Plan, execute, and deliver all projects
on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business
priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager
tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues
and risks. What You'll Do:
- Buildout the full disaster recovery project plan and lead the
team to execute that plan.
- Coordinate with vendors for hardware and professional services
to implement the technology solution
- Work collaboratively with IT leadership and internal customers
to establish project portfolio and prioritize within that portfolio
- Buildout the disaster recovery runbook and to successfully
execute a disaster recovery test.
- Collaborate with customer and departmental leadership to
prioritize and appropriately resource projects adhering to roadmaps
and organizational priorities.
- Act as liaison/relationship manager/primary point of contact
between ITS organization and other support or business
- Provide project execution leadership and management adhering to
project methodology and compliance standards, as well as act as PM
throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout
- Provide critical and project status updates including project
portfolio alignment, project execution performance, and business
sponsor success criteria.
- Build, maintain and execute to a stakeholder matrix including
IT and internal organization, value stream, and program
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are
- Support the execution of the ITS and organization strategy,
utilizing change management strategies (drive enterprise
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- Related Bachelor's and 8 or more years of related experience;
or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate's, Bachelor's Degree,
Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of
- Related certifications may count towards years of related
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of
education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school
which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of
Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate IT project portfolio and
lead multiple projects simultaneously including but not limited to
infrastructure build and maintenance, application development and
deployment, and network optimization.
- Understanding of NIST 800 - 171 requirements.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in implementing Zerto on Virtual servers.
- Experience in implementing load balancers.
- Ability to work in dynamic high tempo environment and directly
interface with customer.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an
ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project
- Excellent planning, and time management skills.
- Strong computer knowledge, must be proficient with Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to work
independently as needed.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Comfortable with, and able to provide structure to, ambiguous
and fluid situations.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, and is also able to work
well in teams.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and ITIL concepts.
- Ability to scope, manage, execute and deliver on multiple small
to large, complex projects in a timely manner.
- PMP preferred will consider CSM. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between campuses and other possible
locations may be required.
- US CITIZENSHIP MAY REQUIRED
Keywords: Horizontal, Denver , Senior IT Project Manager - Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, IT / Software / Systems , Lafayette, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!