Back End/Dev Ops Software Engineer
Company: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Cipher Skin is a data company with a patented delivery system in
the form of an intelligent textile that can be integrated into the
garments we wear every day. Our step-change sensor technology and a
mineable database will transform how we measure and view human
health and performance. Our mission is to quantify and optimize
human health and performance by creating the world's first database
of integrated human data, using our patented Cipher Skin sensor
technology and world-class data science to get an integrated
biometric picture never before possible. Our headquarters are in
Denver, Colorado, the epicenter for biotech and training products.
Denver, Colorado is one of the fastest-growing tech hubs in the
country with access to growth opportunities and challenging
problems to solve. Denver's cost of living is low compared to other
tech markets and the outdoor opportunities are unmatched. We are an
early-stage startup seeking a seasoned Senior Full Stack Software
Engineer who has significant, multidisciplinary, engineering
experience with mobile-first applications, data integration, as
well as working knowledge of data science. You will be the first
full-time software engineer and the primary architect of Cipher
Skin's Digital Mirror. You will be responsible for growing,
monitoring and leading a team of programmers while working with
other senior engineers across disciplines. You will work with the
exec staff to ensure the on-time delivery of the relevant product.
You will answer to the Head of Engineering to start. This position
is full-time and relocation to Denver, Colorado is required. What
- Build / Deploy / Scale our data platform. Specific tasks will
- Manage AWS platform
- Define, Implement and Maintain scalable database
- Enable secure connection to iOS/Android devices
- Monitoring data traffic and trigger system Alerts
Qualifications must include some of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following is required from a
top tier engineering program: Computer Science, Data Science,
Symbolic Systems, Mathematics, Physics; STRONG preference for
- Must have prior experience with AWS. Preferably with features
such as Cognito, Amplify, Lambda Functions, EC2, S3.
- Preferably have experience with web technologies such as
socket.io, webRTC, and Twilio.
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to learn and talk about
emerging technologies along with a positive and enthusiastic
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, software design and
- Experience in enterprise application design and development of
systems in Linux/Unix environment.
- Direct experience with design/development of highly available,
distributed and scalable applications.
- Experience in source code management tools like git / SVN.
- Experience in Relational Databases.
- Understanding of noSQL Databases, other forms of persistence
mechanisms and distributed caches.
- Experience with relational database models
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking capabilities and
also have sharp troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded programs is
- Sound knowledge in operating systems concepts is required
- Experience in designing and handling systems with high
performance, scalability and availability. Experience implementing
solutions with a solid focus on performance, security, reliability
and internal tool integrations.
- Significant experience developing and implementing, and
maintaining high volume web applications, developing secure web
applications, and web services. What we'll provide:
- An exciting early-stage startup where you can make an impact
from Day One
- Your voice and opinion are respected and heard on Day One
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data, where
your work makes a difference
- A small but experienced executive team that welcomes the
knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution,
provides unmatched transparency into the business and welcomes
diverse ideas and critical thinking
- Amazing investors and partners who love our technology and
trust it to deliver important results for them Why Join Cipher
- We are solving an important problem: Today we can quantify and
understand financial markets, networks, the weather...but not the
interactions of the physical world in real-time. Cipher Skin's
database and sensors will change all that.
- We have proven and patented technology: with an extremely broad
patent portfolio and a product that wirelessly measures a host of
data points-from movement and body position to heart and
respiration rate, blood oxygen content, and countless others-at
exactly the same time for the world's first complete biometric
picture. This is a step-change in the human health and performance
- We have a superb team: you'll join a team of seasoned experts
who are excited to work with you. Cipher Skin is an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc., Denver , Back End/Dev Ops Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!