Senior Information Security System Engineer-TS/SCI
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Palmer Lake
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Description: Job Title: Information Security Systems Engineer -
TS/SCI ClearanceJob Code: SAS20202309-50926Job Location:Colorado
Springs, COEssential Functions:
- Provide leadership and technical execution support of
information security activities associated with the authorization
and accreditation (A&A) of information systems and data using
NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) (and derivative, e.g., ICD
503, DOD 8510) processes.
- Support security engineering activities, including basis of
estimate development, requirements development, design, test,
configuration management and maintenance of information systems and
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Assist program in the development of, policies and procedures
for, emerging security technologies and proposals.
- Support security certification and vulnerability assessment
activities as required.
- Support the evaluation, qualification, testing and delivery of
security architecture improvement, and obsolescence
- Support information assurance data collection and continuous
monitoring activities for assigned information systems.
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence
documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance
Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Risk Assessment Report (RAR),
Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, and Security Assessment Plans
and Procedures (SAPP)).
- Experience in securing operating systems (Windows, Linux, Cisco
- Experience with application of Secure Template Implementation
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and
vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS and SCC
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
(CI/CD), agile system development, and DevSecOps tools and
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within
inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Principles of data flows (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model).
- Work will be performed on-site. Remote work will be approved
- Education:Top Secret//SCI Security Clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certificationPreferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in the content development and administration of
SEIM/audit reduction tools (e.g., Splunk).
- DOD 8570.01M IASAE 2 certification is desired.
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, concepts and
information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP
- System test and evaluation methods and RMF assessment
- Experience in Cyber Defense technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD, agile system development, and DevSecOps
tools and processes.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Denver , Senior Information Security System Engineer-TS/SCI, IT / Software / Systems , Palmer Lake, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!