Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Provides direct community based vocational services and counseling
to Jefferson Center consumers. Consults and collaborates with
clinical staff to maximize vocational and treatment outcomes. Plans
and facilitates vocational workshops and classes in conjunction
with the Vocational Services team. Creates and implements
individualized "Vocational Plan" including identifying interests,
strengths, skills and challenges and barriers to employment.
Provide support to gain and maintain community employment. Provide
support to manage mental health symptoms on the job and during the
* Provide leadership through modeling appropriate business and
* Provide individualized services to consumers in the
* Provide employment support from assessment through long-term
follow along when a person obtains employment. These services
include but are not limited to assessing skills and strengths,
identify target jobs, teaching job seeking skills, supporting
resume and cover letter development, conducting job development,
providing job coaching and training. Will provide ongoing career
planning to support consumer's long-term goals.
* Provide workplace symptom management counseling .
* Work with businesses in the community to establish professional
relationships that will assist members in their recovery through
* Provide accurate, thorough documentation in compliance with
guidelines, deadlines for Jefferson Center and other funding
* Independently manage vocational caseload to include all paperwork
* Meet all productivity requirements of the position.
* Comply with all Jefferson Center policies and procedures
including those of confidentiality, conduct and record keeping. In
addition participate in all meetings and trainings relevant to the
Vocational Services Program and Jefferson Center.
* Inform employers and consumers of incentives as delineated by the
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR); assist employers with
other incentives, such as Targeted Job Tax Credits.
* Network and promote Vocational Services Programs to employers,
agencies and mental health consumers.
* Support consumers in appropriately advocating for themselves.
* Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the
people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with
the recovery process and reduces the possibility of
* Participate in the Center's training/educational programs
designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the
impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
* Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the 10 principles of
trauma informed care While providing services consistent with
facilitating integration and inclusion in the business
* Assist consumers to be active, contributing members of their
community. Advocate for consumers in obtaining appropriate medical
care, housing, management of funds, and other activities. Encourage
consumers to live their lives with dignity and respect.
* Support overall recovery goals of Jefferson Center, OCFA, and the
* Maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License, current vehicle
insurance, and reliable transportation.
* Provide transportation for consumers when appropriate and as
* Provide outreach to consumers, as needed through phone calls,
email, text and/or contacts in the community.
* Complete additional tasks as assigned by the Vocational Services
* Participate in strategic planning.
* Provide education in the area of mental health to professionals,
peers, families, and members of the community, as needed.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
* Bachelor's Degree in human services or related field with one
* Experience in Supported Employment as an evidence based practice
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Solid computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
* Must have the ability to engage persons with severe/persistent
mental illness to implement and support employment goals.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Employment Specialist, Human Resources , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!