Company: Via Mobility Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
TITLE: Travel Trainer DEPARTMENT: Customer & Community Services LOCATION: Denver
Rate: $16.10 to $18.35 per hour
SHIFT: Full-time Monday Friday (flexible hours) General Purpose: The travel trainer provides individual travel instruction, and relevant support services, to older adults and individuals with disabilities in the safe and proper use of the public transit system (fixed route and light rail). The travel trainer also conducts group classes and leads group outings on public transit.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add-to and/or change the duties of the position at any time, as necessary.
- Explain travel training goals and services, assess individuals transportation needs and abilities, identify any special training requirements, complete travel training progress/summary forms and develop an individualized program of travel training for eligible participants
- Provide extensive one-on-one training on RTD buses/light rail to participants in the travel training program; provide program participants with the knowledge, skills, and oversight to enable them to use public transit services as an alternative or in addition to specialized transportation services
- Utilize a variety of training techniques, such as modeling, repetition, trip cards and fading to instruct participants in proper bus use methods. Provide training and instruction in a variety of areas including bus rules and regulations, appropriate public behavior, street crossing skills, emergency procedures and proper use of special equipment, etc.
- Work closely with family members/care providers and other human service professionals involved with program participants to make them aware of travel training goals and objectives and to keep them informed about participant progress in the program
- Maintain detailed records and database information of trainee assessments/progress and prepare required reports including summary of training provided, identification of problem areas, final training reports and overall documentation of trainee success; perform follow up on completed training to determine the success of training program or to schedule additional training
- Conduct group presentations on the use of public transit; lead group outings on public transit
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Travel Training Coordinator Qualifications: This position requires a high degree of initiative, patience, independence and communication skills. Candidates must posses/gain a thorough knowledge of the principles/practices of travel training and safety related to the use of public transportation services and the basic philosophies and practices associated with mobility training operations.
Qualifications: This position requires a high degree of initiative, patience, independence and communication skills. Candidates must posses/gain a thorough knowledge of the principles/practices of travel training and safety related to the use of public transportation services and the basic philosophies and practices associated with mobility training operations.
- Possess a positive attitude and physical energy
- Be able to motivate people and express ideas and concepts effectively in a manner that works for the person
- Can work independently, plan and manage time effectively, demonstrate effective follow-through and attention to detail, and prioritize work tasks and assignments to meet established time lines
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Understand Microsoft Word and be able to learn relevant program data base system(s)
- Prefer four year degree in relevant field with a minimum of one year experience in Human Services of some type
- Have experience working with individuals with various types of disabilities and / or older adults
- Have experience teaching others new skills
- Punctuality and the ability to meet deadlines
- Will consider any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability necessary to perform the job
- Current valid Colorado Drivers License, must pass criminal background check, and subject to random drug and alcohol screening
- Must possess and maintain a personal vehicle and acceptable vehicle insurance to be used for work related travel in Denver and surrounding communities PM19 I
Keywords: Via Mobility Services, Denver , Travel Trainer, Human Resources , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!