Human Resources Generalist - Support Office
Company: Westmoreland Coal Company
Posted on: April 11, 2018
Under general supervision, perform HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with HR management in supporting functional areas with the HR department. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
* Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Conducts research and analysis of industry trends, employee surveys and workplace best practices to meet employee needs, and support organizational goals.
* Assist in the development of programs meant to promote employee engagement and satisfaction with the organization and reduce turnover.
* Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
* Provides information for use in memos, presentations, or other HR related communications.
* Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
* Perform related work as required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
LICENSES, REGISTRATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
* Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
* Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
* Time Management.
* Business Acumen.
Westmoreland Coal Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Westmoreland Coal Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Westmoreland Coal Company, Denver, Human Resources Generalist - Support Office, Human Resources, Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!