Sr. Talent Development Consultant
Posted on: January 14, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information. Job Summary Operations Training is a team of training specialists working consultatively with the North America Operations Organization within CenturyLink. Our commitment is to provide learning solutions that positively impact how our workforce operates. Technical Training uses a holistic approach to provide learning solutions. People who thrive in our area are self-starters with an inherent sense of urgency and a passion for helping others succeed and providing the right learning solutions to maximize employee performance. These Instructors are problem solvers who think fast and adapt quickly to change. Most importantly, they demonstrate outstanding critical thinking and communication skills. This position will focus on delivering technical training solutions for the North America Operations organization. Types of training could include TDM, Ethernet, SONET and DWDM systems Layer 1, 2 & 3, xDSL, Installation and Repair (I&R), and safety courses. The emphasis of this position will be in Installation and Repair (I&R). Job Description This Instructor provides a broad range of training from entry level to highly technical and contribute technical expertise to the development, evaluation, and implementation of new development projects.
- Creates a culture of safety and customer service focus in all training initiatives.
- Facilitates classroom, blended and virtual programs in support of current and evolving technologies.
- Maintains awareness of the CenturyLink technology roadmap to ensure readiness for new technology deployments and to be at the forefront of new and emerging technologies.
- Maintains a positive learning environment and hold students accountable while being in accordance with union contracts and HR policies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training programs through formal and informal evaluation methods by reviewing team resources: including Level 1 feedback, facilitation observations, etc.
- Identifies, selects, or adapts training courses, tools, and/or training aides to intended audience.
- Develops relationships with assigned internal customers to establish ongoing consideration of training effectiveness and efficiency.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends appropriate training programs. This may include making recommendations regarding modifications to the design of the material being provided.
- Develops and upgrades training labs to support developed curriculum and maximize hands on learning opportunities.
- Ensures materials for assigned courses remain updated and proactively initiates necessary modifications.
- Provides leadership and expertise to peer technical trainers in the delivery and facilitation of training activities.
- Interacts with management regarding the performance of participants, providing recommendations concerning areas of improvement and/or development opportunities.
- Provides coaching and counseling to help employees apply new skills and knowledge on the job. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent education and 6-8 years of relevant experience providing highly technical training.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in training, facilitation, presentation, coaching, influencing, process development, analysis, problem solving, and communication.
- Possess strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment is a must.
- Ability to travel up to 50% Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in training facilitation, presentation, coaching, influencing, and communication at multiple levels of the organization, and demonstrates keen facilitation and coaching skills.
- Demonstrates skills in effectively conducting training in the following forums: one-on-one, classroom or virtual learning utilization web conferencing tools, and is responsible for mentoring. Education Bachelors or Equivalent Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-New Mexico-Albuquerque Requisition #: 170316 This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at EEO Statement We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Denver, Sr. Talent Development Consultant, Human Resources, Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!