Company: City of Lafayette Colorado
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Personal Trainer provides personal training sessions to clients
at the Bob Burger Recreation Center.
- Trains clientele on weight training, cardiovascular exercise
programming, weight management and other personal training
activities. Can provide guidance on nutrition. Prepares a
personalized training regimen specific to the individual's needs
and fitness level.
- May conduct fitness assessments to include body composition,
muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular
endurance. Works with individual clients and/or small groups of two
or more clients to determine fitness goals. Designs a workout
program for the specific fitness goals.
- Independently monitors participants to ensure proper use of
equipment and proper training/exercise techniques. Ensures all
possible safety measures are observed.
- Communicates and enforces facility policies and
- Responds to emergency situations as required and maintains
accurate incident reports.
- Provides excellent customer service, including interacting with
participants to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Complies with City and departmental rules and regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Provides a safe, effective and supportive learning
- Keeps supervisor informed of customer and facility needs and
reports any issues and concerns.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and
facility policies are followed.
- Attends scheduled meetings as required.
- Performs related duties, and other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of City and department rules and
regulations; considerable knowledge of the principles, practices,
teaching methods and techniques that provide positive motivation;
working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training
SKILL: Public relations skills; demonstrated skill in the operation
of equipment necessary to perform the functions of the job; able to
perform and demonstrate exercises and movements for client
understanding, ABILITY: Plan, organize, instruct, and supervise the
assigned program; follow written and verbal instructions; remain
current on the trends of the fitness industry; communicate
effectively to the participants when teaching skills; analyze
situations quickly and objectively and determine proper course of
action to be taken; work with little or no supervision, as
necessary; analyze and correct facility safety hazards; write
incident reports, as necessary; learn and adhere to the facility
emergency procedures; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the public. Ability to learn and schedule client
appointments and utilize Time Clock Plus for clocking in to the
Must hold a national recognized personal training
Must hold current CPR/AED certification or have the ability to
obtain within 30 days of hire.
Keywords: City of Lafayette Colorado, Denver , Personal Trainer, Human Resources , Lafayette, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!