Human Resource Specialist
Company: PHM Brands
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Salary: 45,000 to 55,000 / year Summer Help Needed (40 hours a
week) - With the Opportunity to Work Part-Time During the School
Year HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, employment
regulations, policies, and procedures, including, but not limited
to, records management, reporting, FLSA, EEO, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA, and
- Own all aspects of payroll within all locations (ADP).
- Own all aspects of I-9 compliance for all locations.
- Own oversight/management for all locations regarding HR
administrative systems including, but not limited to ADP Payroll
and Unemployment, Benefit carrier sites. Ensure data accuracy and
completeness through independent review from periodic audit
reports. Ensure flawless execution of all system-specific
transactions. Provide detailed reporting as required.
- Perform administrative functions to include, but not limited
to, scanning, filing, and maintenance of HR documents.
- Assist with administration of Workers' Compensation program.
Ensures the prompt and proper filing of claims. Acts as liaison
between insurance companies, physicians, and employees.
- Provide tactical leadership for plant hourly staffing processes
including posting positions, screening applicants, coordinating
interviews, initiating background checks and drug screening,
developing, and distributing relevant recruiting statistics, and
conducting new hire orientation.
- Coordinate termination process for employees leaving the
organization ensuring that unemployment claims are processed
accurately and timely. Serve as primary contact person for
unemployment questions and information.
- Serve as primary liaison between management and employees by
handling questions, interpreting, and administering personnel
policies and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Partner in the development and reporting of key plant specific
personnel performance metrics, providing key customers and HR with
meaningful, relevant data for use in decision-making.
- Ability to recognize potential areas of conflict between
stakeholder groups and seek to resolve these in a professional,
personable manner. Serving as "voice of the people" in the plant's
while at the same time representing the interests of the plant's
- Ability to prioritize work effectively. Must be able to
evaluate work to be completed and effectively/efficiently determine
order for its completion. Ability to manage work under firm daily,
weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Monitor and stay well informed of employee relations trends and
practices through the analysis of external HR metrics and internal
Key Personnel Indexes (KPI) data.
- Protect PHM Brands interest while complying with government
regulations, communicating awareness of the legal implications of
all personnel actions.
- Provide employees and managers support for HR, payroll, and
hourly benefits transactions, including support on processes for
HRIS system (ADP).
- Process and enter timely and accurate confidential employee
information in the HRIS (ADP), including new hires, terminations,
transfers, salary changes, leave of absences, benefit enrollment,
general deductions, etc.
- Administer and provide subject matter expertise in employee
benefit plans such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term
Disability, Long-Term Disability, and other programs as
- Support team members from all functional areas.
- Identify, suggest, document, and implement ongoing process
- Work collaboratively within a team to share ideas, ownership,
and accountability for driving improvements and consistency of
execution for key HR processes.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned. HUMAN
RESOURCES SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in applicable field, Human
Resources, or related degree.
- High school diploma, plus 2 years+ experience in HR-related
- Demonstrate analytical/problem solving skills (e.g., structure
the problem, collect data, identity issues, and present
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and independent problem-solving ability.
- This individual must take initiative, be inquisitive and have a
strong drive for results.
- Ability to work in a change-filled environment and manage
multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, with limited direction,
- Experience with ADP or other HRIS systems preferred.
- Spanish speaking skills, desired.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment, a plus.
- Up to 30 percent travel required. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extreme climate or climate variation.
- Heat up to 100 degrees and lows of 40
- Changes of > 30 degrees within a shift.
- Rotating and oscillating equipment.
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially
- Standing and walking on concrete floor. BENEFITS:
- Medical Insurance (first day of the month after start
- Health Savings, and or Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D, Employer Paid
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Insurance, Optional
- Critical Illness Insurance, Optional
- 401K, Employer Match
- PTO & Vacation Pay
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $5,000.00 per calendar year
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Company Incentive Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Relocation Available PHM Brandsis an equal opportunity employer
and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy,
leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information
and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national,
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: PHM Brands, Denver , Human Resource Specialist, Human Resources , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!