$15/hr+ Evening Inventory and Distribution Lab Tech for Blood Bank
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Under direct supervision, receives orders for blood and blood
products (including BioCARE), prepares blood and blood products for
delivery, and delivers those products to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance
issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Receives and prepares routine and special orders for blood
products and services. Receives, inspects and determines
acceptability of blood components. Releases blood components from
- Unpacks tested and untested products and routes samples for
accessioning. Performs boxing and destruction of unacceptable
- Assures accuracy of all manual and computer generated records
including secondary review of assigned forms.
- Monitors all storage equipment and updates applicable records
and charts. Performs quality control of storage equipment and
shipping procedures. Assists with corrective action for unscheduled
storage alarms and documentation of equipment maintenance, as
- Assists with training.
- Maintains Hospital Services equipment, vehicles, and work
- Performs inventory of blood products.
- Performs document control of department manuals and forms.
- Prepares and labels blood components. Maintains records and
performs computer entry.
- Performs irradiation or transfer of blood components to an
outside irradiation facility.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
If you are scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week, you are
eligible for health, dental, vision, EAP, HSA, and FSAs on the
first of the month following date of hire. You are eligible for all
other benefits after three months of continuous employment and
401(k) after 30 days of continuous employment. If you are scheduled
to work 20-29 hours per week, please see Human Resources Department
the pay rate for this position starts at $15.00-$16.50/hr DOE
High school graduate or GED required.
Valid in-state driver's license required.
One year experience as a Hospital Services Tech or related
- Good communication and customer relations skills in order to
deal effectively with customers.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stretch, reach
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on paperwork.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be able to work on-call, various shifts including evenings
and weekends, and overtime.
- Must possess a good driving record.
- Able to work independently.
Keywords: Vitalant, Denver , $15/hr+ Evening Inventory and Distribution Lab Tech for Blood Bank, Human Resources , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!