Sr HR Lead- Denver
Company: Owens Corning
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging digital capabilities which
allows us to continue to connect talented individuals with exciting
careers at Owens Corning. As your application progresses, you may
be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your
recruitment journey. If so, our team is here to support you
throughout the process, answer any questions and provide an
outstanding experience. For more information, see how we are
responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic (opens in new window) . The HR
Leader for the Denver Roofing and Asphalt Plant is responsible for
providing business and functional expertise in human resources. The
HR Leader will be an effective change agent who works positively to
engage the workforce at all levels within the plant. This is a key
position to plant teams, responsible for managing and driving HR
strategies and tactics to engage employees and develop talent
capable of delivering business results. Roofing Business: The
Roofing business (Roofing & Asphalt organization) is one of three
key businesses within Owens Corning, a $2B+ business with 13
Roofing manufacturing facilities, 12 Asphalt facilities, and
through a recent acquisition of InterWrap, a leading manufacturer
of roofing underlayment and packaging materials, a total of 7
additional Components facilities in the US, Canada, India and
China. This acquisition further solidifies OC's Total Protection
Roofing System. Reports to : Regional HR Leader; dotted-line
reporting to Denver Site Leader-- Span of Control : This role will
have two direct reports The base salary range for this position is
$92,000--to $120,000, with the potential for up to an additional
15% if the applicant hired has additional related qualifications.
We also offer a substantial benefits package including insurance
401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation -
plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and
standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase
Program - and more. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Safety
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive
towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Safety strategy and performance to
employees and engage them in the system systems and process
- Become regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role
model for their growth, development and fair treatment. Knowing Our
- Continuously innovate & improve HR processes to enhance the
company's value and the value to our customers. Continuously
elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our
products, manufacturing, and selling processes. The HR Leader
applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make
customer focused business decisions. Leading and Developing Talent
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment
where talent is developed through effective performance management
and talent evaluation systems.
- Fills openings with competent people using the appropriate mix
of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy
near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure
the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invest in the growth and development of talent within their
organization. Developing and Executing HR Strategies
- Contributes to the development and execution of the plant
strategy and provides leadership support.
- Effectively shares information with Regional HR Leader,
Business Partner, and peers.
- Leads implementation of the Human Resources strategy.
- Develops and attracts the people required to execute the
- Improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing
performance, diagnosing problems and implementing solutions. The HR
strategy will consist of the following and will utilize best
practices to ensure outside-in thinking:
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Succession Planning
- Growing our People
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits Policies and Plans
- Industrial Relations and Employee Relations Directing
- Leading the plant-level Training & Development pillar of Total
Productive Maintenance, becoming a change agent and continuous
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and
business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant Leadership Team
members. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR
- Coach all leaders of the organization with confidence and
candor, consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, Leading
Pink, Inclusive Leadership, The Owens Corning Story, and OC Guiding
- Coaches and educates leaders so they are fully capable and
accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and
- Continuously improve assessment, selection, development and
retention of best talent.
- Continuously improve our work environment to ensure a safe,
engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading effective change management practices.
- Assessing team performance and facilitating interventions
- Creating and implementing optimal organization design and
structure to enable the strategy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements
pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to
the company. JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources management or a
- Minimum of 3 years HR generalist or specialist experience, with
a significant percentage in a manufacturing facility. EXPERIENCE :
- Leading results and effectively/collaboratively working through
- Creating and accelerating a high performance organization.
- Strategy implementation on human resources function.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent.
- Leading in a manufacturing workforce environment
- Implementing successful employee relations strategies and
- Assessing the environment and successfully identifying
opportunities and closing gaps to accelerate business
- Understanding and experience in incentive process, design and
implementation. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Change agent: Effectively leads change, action and
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials
and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands
and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the
- Current knowledge of best practice human resources processes
and tools including in the areas of performance management,
compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession
management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Excellent communications - written and oral - including
- Capable of taking on additional Plant or Regional
responsibility for additional Owens Corning locations/operations as
- Engages are cares for others, starting with safety.
- High sense of urgency - gets need for speed.
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams - can
manage data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to
arrive at a balanced solutions.
- Takes business risks, grows from failures and celebrates
- Likes people and working in teams; collaborative - team
focused. About Owens Corning Owens Corning is a global building and
industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated
businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a
broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite
materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33
countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and
sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product
safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor
productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the
company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in
Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion.
Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500-- company for 66
consecutive years.--For more information, please visit--
www.owenscorning.com . Owens Corning is an equal opportunity
employer. Please note: Applications must be filled out
completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes
are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the
application. Be the first to know of new job opportunities:
Keywords: Owens Corning, Denver , Sr HR Lead- Denver, Human Resources , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!