Company: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o
Posted on: March 19, 2023
About The Resort at Paws Up The Resort at Paws Up is America's
premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up
embodies the spirit of the American West. It's a family owned and
award-winning destination that truly inspires.PurposeThe role of
the Pastry Cook is to assist in the preparation and baking of
high-quality desserts, pastries, or other sweet goods for the
various outlets and events at The Resort at Paws Up. The Primary
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies,
bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Assist the Pastry Chef in creating new and exciting desserts to
renew our menus and engage the interest of guests.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to
ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Must be able to carry out and monitor the production of pastry
items to specifications and ensure that the portion size and
quality of the dishes conform to the highest standard.
- Assist in the preparation and production of all pastry items
according to the highest standards and menu planning.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to
health and safety standards.
- Ensure kitchen and Health Department sanitation requirements
are maintained at all times.
- Possess attentive, accountable and highly organization skills
with the ability to plan multiple activities and meet
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, and
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of
appliances and food.
- Demonstrates safe and proper use of equipment at all times;
Perform duties in a safe manner.
- Consult with the Pastry Chef on a daily basis on the Restaurant
- Understand and implement the basic culinary tasks and
procedures such as first-in, first-out (FIFO), labeling and
- Stock and rotate food; alert the Pastry Chef in regard to low
- Practice basic sanitation and stock rotation and refrigerator
cleanliness; keep all work areas clean and tidy.Looking for Team
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related
course work; Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- Minimum 1-year baking/pastry experience in fine dining kitchen
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service
- Valid Food Handler s License
- Valid State Driver s LicenseTeam members can look forward to:
- Carpool Reimbursement $5-$20/Day
- Housing assistance available
- Employee lunch provided
- Employee discounts on merchandise
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- A great work environment in a beautiful luxury resort
settingCheck it out for yourself! Join The HERDThe Resort at Paws
Up provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.
Keywords: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o, Denver , Pastry Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...