Training Manager - Casino Operations
Company: Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Location: Black Hawk
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Dont just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black
Hawk, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days
and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and
support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Salary range for this position starts at $65,000 and qualifies for
This position qualifies for the following:
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus PLUS Relocation Assistance* of 10% of base
Competitive Benefits Packages, 401K Program with a Company Match,
Property Amenity Discounts (F&B outlets, Starbucks, Retail and
Spa) and more!
Your daily responsibilities include: The Training Manager is
responsible for the development of an environment that creates
excitement for guests and employees and promoting and retaining a
highly skilled work force. Oversees the Casino training efforts.
Develops lesson plans and procedure manuals for all divisions of
casino operations training to be in harmonization with the Internal
Controls and all applicable regulations.
Functions as the principal administrative support and training
manager reporting to the VP of Casino Operations. Provides
administrative support necessary in implementing established
policies and procedures for the Casino Operations Team.
Inter-departmental training will consist of operations, compliance
and company responsibilities. Provides departmental organization
and communication for all divisions of Casino Operations.
- Knowledge of overall principles of Slots and Table Game
operations and staffing requirements.
- Training and coordination experience in an operational
- Understanding of the market and changes in operating
- Must possess thorough knowledge of Title 31, and all applicable
SOPs, Laws, Regulations and Internal Controls.
- Ability to do trend analysis and operational studies to assist
in making Casino Operations more efficient.
- Ability to create accurate reports that analyze Casino
Operations performance. Qualifications:
- Develops plans to conduct training for Dealers, Supervisors,
Slots, Table Games, and Pit Managers within the guidelines of the
Internal Controls and all applicable regulations.
- Facilitates training classes.
- Collaborates with the Table Games Shift Managers and the Table
Games Pit Managers to create training and procedure manuals within
the guidelines of the Internal Controls and all applicable
regulations that will protect company assets and offer superior
guest service as well.
- Creates testing and documentation to ensure personnel meets job
- Interviews and auditions potential employees.
- Provides departmental organization and prepares the training
schedules of new hires.
- Creates reports and analysis measuring the success of
departmental goals and programs.
- Adhere to guest service requirement listed above.
- Adhere to established department and property policies and
procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all
confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity.
- Track team members attendance in accordance with approved
- Responsible for confirming department team members time in
- Design, organize and maintain filing systems as necessary for
classifying, retrieving and disposing of correspondence, records,
reports and other documents.
- Assemble information for various reports, briefings, meetings
and inquiries from internal and external sources.
- Utilize personal computer to prepare technical, reports,
payroll and other documents making independent decisions regarding
format and arrangement.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and
software applications that are needed to perform job duties
- Maintain inventories and order a variety of office equipment
and supplies as needed as well as general ordering needs of Casino
- Schedule meetings of the departments staff.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies, procedures
and internal controls.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possesses good knowledge of office procedures and the ability
to interact within an office setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word
- Ability to make independent decisions with regard to format,
arrangement of reports and correspondence.
- Ability to recognize correct grammar, punctuation and
- Gaming industry experience required, preferably at a
- College level course work in business administrative or other
related fields may be able to substitute for some of the industry
- Able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
Something to leave you with: Whether you prefer being at the center
of it all or working behind the scenes, theres a role for you at
Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we
are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity
with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide
commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means
youll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the
Click HERE to see our Team Member BENEFITS.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, Denver , Training Manager - Casino Operations, Hospitality & Tourism , Black Hawk, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!