Float Pool PACU Nurse PT
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 11, 2019
SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the
Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The
Float Pool provides staffing to the Ambulatory Surgery Centers
within the HealthONE system. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday
which means NO nights, NO weekends, or on-call will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where
everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the
best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently
in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN
A few of the benefits we provide you:
--- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
--- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
--- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
--- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
--- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
--- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Employee Discount Program
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Contributes to the company's mission and
vision by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and
nursing care rendered preoperative and postoperative until patient
from the facility. Nursing care meets the standards of the
policies and procedures of the Center, and is appropriate to the
patient population to identify patient and family needs.
The Float Pool
Registered Nurse will rotate to other Ambulatory Surgery
Facilities, and will
perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated
Float Pool Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent
scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall
plan of care
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
--- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized
knowledge and skills required for the role of the peri-operative
nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of
- Prepares patient care area adequately before case and ensures
availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Greets patient and family in a timely manner and keeps them
informed of any delays/changes.
- Verifies two patient identifiers utilizing the armband prior to
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each
patient prior to surgery or treatment, which includes review of
patient history and diagnostic tests, physical, and psychological
- Assess patient's understanding of procedure and checks surgical
consent for accuracy and completeness. Obtains and witnesses
patient's signature if needed.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with
clinical protocols, prior to surgery (i.e. consents, H/P,
diagnostic studies, assessments, home medications list, etc.) o
Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems
and dated within 30 days prior to procedure.
* Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are
consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Verifies surgical site verbally with patient per policy.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in
the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or
prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as prescribed, utilizing aseptic
technique utilizing appropriate IV start kit, catheter and fluid.
Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Receives and acknowledges preoperative physician's orders and
implements accordingly. Utilizing appropriate documentation for
- Administers pre-operative medications as prescribed and utilizes
safety medication practices (i.e. aseptic preparation, labeling
medications, identifying high alert and independent check
medications, 7 medication rights, narcotic waste, etc.). Monitors
patient until transferred to OR
- Monitors patient if IV sedation given in pre-op setting to assure
patient maintains airway and vital signs are stable. Administers
oxygen and provides continuous monitoring and support as
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of pain blocks and is
readily available to assist anesthesia as needed.
- Prepares patient care area adequately and ensures availability of
necessary equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates proper airway management techniques (oral airway,
extubation, pulse oximetry monitoring, O2 administration, etc.)
- Understand principals of hemodynamic monitoring and monitors
patient according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac,
- Recognizes signs and symptoms of patient's condition that
indicate potential post procedure or anesthesia related
complications and report to anesthesiologist immediately.
- Monitors and maintains proper intravenous intake and output.
- Exhibits proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal
of IV catheters and saline locks.
- Performs head to toe assessment of patient and evaluates patient
utilizing approved scoring system upon admission and as indicated
- Documents patient assessment upon admission.
- Checks dressings and/or operative site and reports abnormalities
to the surgeon.
- Provides a safe and comforting environment for patient and family
while restraining patient for safety reasons, as needed and in
accordance with facility policy.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current
practice (i.e. antibiotics, narcotics, preparing/labeling
medications, identifying high alert medications, utilizing 7
patient rights for medication administration and appropriate
handling of narcotic waste).
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of medications utilized intra
and poster operatively and recognizes the need for use of reversal
drugs, when necessary.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a
calm and controlled manner.
- Assures that patient meets all discharge criteria.
--- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
--- Minimum 2 years experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably
in an ambulatory surgery center.
--- Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility
practices(i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
--- Active RN license as required by state of employment or
appropriate compact licensure.
--- Valid BCLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications required upon employment
(Must be through American Heart Association, online certification
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Denver , Float Pool PACU Nurse PT, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!