Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: July 12, 2019
JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, an innovative and dynamic
community mental health center serving west-metropolitan Denver
into the Colorado front range, has employment opportunities for
full and/or part time Staff Psychiatrists.
* Provides psychiatric diagnostic/medication evaluations, and
individual and group medication management. Provide consumers with
all necessary medication education and psychoeducation.
* Consults to nurses in triaging phone calls, addressing medication
problems, and requests for refills. Responds promptly to nurse's
questions or requests.
* Orders and monitors appropriate laboratory tests at clinically
* Monitors and reviews consumers' charts for medication/medical
issues with appropriate follow-up.
* Provides physician-review of medical records as clinically
indicated, and as required by contracts or as necessitated by
state-mandated second opinion or appeal processes.
* Provides clinical supervision and/or consultation to
multidisciplinary treatment teams in developing and implementing
clinically appropriate individual treatment plans.
* Provides crisis support for clinical emergencies at clinical
* Provides after-hours on-call psychiatric services at frequency
negotiated with the Medical Director.
* Attends mandatory training and complies with individualized
training plans if required.
* Reports high risk/problem cases and solicits consultation and
help as needed. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed
upon with supervisor, and incorporates supervision into clinical
practice and job performance.
* Satisfactorily completes 90% of peer review charts needing
corrections within 14 calendar days (only those areas for which
psychiatrists are responsible).
* Submits 90% of all SRFs/Initial Evaluation/Progress-to-Date forms
within 3 working days (or within the team-specific time frame).
* Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
* Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by
Medical Director and Network Director.
* Provides medication-group treatment as determined by Medical
Director and Network Director.
* Meets caseload requirement and required number of consumer
service hours as determined by Medical Director and Network
* Engages consumers and their families in the treatment process and
goal-setting. Identifies/provides appropriate intervention for risk
factors including lethality. Works constructively with consumer to
reach agreed upon outcome, and coordinates care with internal and
external providers. Maintains appropriate professional boundaries
and standards, and provides appropriate follow-up for
* Exhibits professionalism, enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability,
flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, management, visitors and the general
* Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems,
initiates and maintains positive interactions, and provides timely
response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
* Works cooperatively with other community agencies. As appropriate
and as agreed with supervisor, participates in committees, task
forces, etc. of the Center or the community.
* Bilingual ability to conduct psychiatric evaluations and
treatment in English and Spanish is preferred.
* Experience in a community mental health setting with adults with
severe and persistent mental illness, or children and adolescents
with serious emotional disturbance is preferred.
* MD or DO degree, satisfactory completion of ACGME-accredited
residency training program in General Psychiatry or Child and
Adolescent Psychiatry, unrestricted Colorado medical license and
DEA certificate are required; ABPN Board-certification
* Physician must understand community mental health systems of care
and principles of managed healthcare. Physician must be
knowledgeable and current with regard to psychopharmacology,
medical/psychiatric interface, and evidence-based
neuropsychiatric/neurobehavioral diagnosis and treatment.
* Physician must be able to provide leadership to/collaboration
with multidisciplinary mental health team in the delivery of
comprehensive and integrated clinically appropriate
* Basic computer skills such as e-mail, word processing, interface
with/documentation in electronic medical record and prescription
writing are required.
* Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the
people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with
the recovery process and reduces the possibility of
* Participate in the Center's training/educational programs
designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the
impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
* Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of
trauma informed care.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!