Preop Nurse PT
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most Admired Company in the
Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The
Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with
physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases
are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or
On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally
creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared
focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we
serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our
team! We value you and your future. We provide multiple health
insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more
programs to cover a wide variety of todays life and family needs.
In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA
provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
(ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones,
hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set
immediately, you are encouraged to apply today! OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
- Prepares patient care area adequately before case and ensures
availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Greets patient and family in a timely manner and keeps them
informed of any delays/changes.
- Verifies two patient identifiers utilizing the armband prior to
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each
patient prior to surgery or treatment, which includes review of
patient history and diagnostic tests, physical, and psychological
- Assess patients understanding of procedure and checks surgical
consent for accuracy and completeness. Obtains and witnesses
patients signature if needed.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance
with clinical protocols, prior to surgery (i.e. consents, H/P,
diagnostic studies, assessments, home medications list, etc.)
- Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body
systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
- Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form
are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Verifies surgical site verbally with patient per policy.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in
the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or
prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as prescribed, utilizing aseptic
technique utilizing appropriate IV start kit, catheter and fluid.
Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Receives and acknowledges preoperative physicians orders and
implements accordingly. Utilizing appropriate documentation for
- Administers pre-operative medications as prescribed and
utilizes safety medication practices (i.e. aseptic preparation,
labeling medications, identifying high alert and independent check
medications, 7 medication rights, narcotic waste, etc.). Monitors
patient until transferred to OR.
- Monitors patient if IV sedation given in pre-op setting to
assure patient maintains airway and vital signs are stable.
Administers oxygen and provides continuous monitoring and support
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of pain blocks and is
readily available to assist anesthesia as needed. Post-op
- Prepares patient care area adequately and ensures availability
of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates proper airway management techniques (oral airway,
extubation, pulse oximetry monitoring, O2 administration,
- Understand principals of hemodynamic monitoring and monitors
patient according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac,
- Recognizes signs and symptoms of patients condition that
indicate potential post procedure or anesthesia related
complications and report to anesthesiologist immediately.
- Monitors and maintains proper intravenous intake and
- Exhibits proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and
removal of IV catheters and saline locks.
- Performs head to toe assessment of patient and evaluates
patient utilizing approved scoring system upon admission and as
indicated by policy.
Keywords: HCA., Denver , Preop Nurse PT, Healthcare , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!