Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager (RN #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job in Colorado Springs,
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job is a civilian position
within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel
work together in the extensive military medical system which
provides services to the active duty military service members,
military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare
professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Registered
Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Overview:
- Performs healthcare coordination and case management activities
IAW Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) instructions.
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices,
and procedures to perform patient assessments with specific
experience in the case management evaluation and assessment of
pediatric, adult and geriatric patients as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient education and
telephone management of patients.
- Sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and
social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a
variety of patients and healthcare staff from diverse
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize, problem-solve and
coordinate daily activities to support effective improvement in
- Collaborates with military and civilian healthcare providers
and staff, and uses Utilization Management (UM) systems support to
identify high-risk/high cost patients within MTF population.
- Determines eligibility for healthcare coordination/case
- Coordinates with healthcare providers to ensure appropriate
appointment alternatives, access and quality of care.
- Coordinates services for eligible patients based on subjective
and objective assessment data and identified patient/family
- Facilitates a multidisciplinary team to develop a treatment
plan to address all identified conditions and problems. Integrates
health education, promotion and prevention activities utilizing
available MTF and local civilian condition/disease management
- Assists TRICARE eligible and Medicare-eligible patients in
accessing local TRICARE and Medicare providers in conjunction with
the MTF Referral Centers and the Central Referral Center.
- Maintains current directories of local Medicare providers,
suppliers, and Institutions.
- Collaborates with resource management resources (i.e. Medicare,
Medicaid, TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) to research available
financial and statistical data to determine cost effectiveness of
proposed patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to use basic office
automation and information management equipment and programs (i.e.
word processing, database management, email, etc.).
- Evaluates case management process utilizing defined parameters
such as admissions, length of stay, level of care, Emergency
Department/outpatient clinic visits and patient outcomes and
institutes appropriate interventions.
- Generates and maintains appropriate patient administrative
records and provides upon request. Registered Nurse (RN) - Case
Manager Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Graduate from a NLN or AACN accredited college or
- RN license: any US state
- Case Management certification desired
- 3 years of documented medical or surgical experience
- At least 1 year Case Management experience Experience in
outpatient, home-health care, skilled nursing facility, hospice and
mental health services are desired
- TRICARE and Medicare/Medicaid services and benefits - extensive
- Medicare eligible patient experience - preferred
- Military medical health care system - highly preferred Come
join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keyphrases: medical case management jobs, case manager jobs, case
manager consultant jobs, case management consultant jobs, geriatric
case management jobs, case management nursing jobs, nurse case
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Denver , Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager (RN #), Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!