Registered Nurse - RN - Operating Room - CVOR
Company: SCL Health
Posted on: January 15, 2019
You. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse. Youre generous with your compassion, your empathy and especially your voice, because your opinion matters. Youre equally comfortable with patients, families, colleagues, mentors and technology. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun. Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible. Us. We are happy to offer you both sign-on and relocation bonuses with this position for a limited time. Some restrictions apply, please speak with our recruiter for details. Saint Joseph is ranked 2nd in the nation for Cardiovascular Surgical Services. Our heart surgeons treat everything from emergencies to long-term conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Valve disease We perform a wide range of surgical procedures, such as:
- Heart valve replacement Our expert heart surgeons use traditional and minimally invasive procedures to repair or replace heart valves that are not functioning properly.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) Expert surgeons use a piece of healthy blood vessel, usually from the leg or wrist, to bypass a blocked portion of coronary artery that is reducing blood flow to the heart.
- ASD and PFO closures Procedures to treat these congenital heart defects, often found in children.
- Maze procedure Surgical procedure for chronic Afib that creates a new maze of electrical pathways that can restore normal heart rhythm.
- TAVR Transcatheter aortic valve replacement places a mechanical valve in the place of a damaged aortic valve and typically involves shorter recovery times than traditional open heart surgery. Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence Magnet designation by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado. Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We. Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity. Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing. Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. Your day. As a CVOR RN you need to know how to:
- Recognize and address patients psychological and physical needs
- Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
- Assess a patients medical status upon admission
- Assist in developing individualized treatment plans
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
- Oversee care delivered by LPNs and/or CNAs
- Participate in clinical team conferences
- Continually expand your knowledge
- Help improve our facility and safety programs
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively Your experience. We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN from an accredited program
- BSN from an accredited program required within 4 years of your hire
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BLS certification
- One year of nursing experience in a comparable setting preferred Your next move. Now that you know more about being a CVOR RN on our team we hope youll join us. At Saint Joseph Hospital youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Keywords: SCL Health, Denver , Registered Nurse - RN - Operating Room - CVOR, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!