Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Poudre Valley Hospital
PVH Radiation Oncol
PRN (FTE must be 0)
1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours:
Medical Physicist - Implements and monitors a radiation safety program to protect patients, personnel, and the public from unsafe radiation exposure.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
- Provides radiation safety education by presenting lectures, staff training, and consultation to ensure the safe use of medical radiation.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures.
- Develops and implements appropriate shielding designs, frequent surveys, and routine exposure monitoring.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the organization's radiation safety program and ensures the program's compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Master's degree in in Medical Physics, Physics, Radiation Biology or related field.
- Board eligible with completion of board certification within 3 years or QMP
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Keywords: UCHealth, Denver , Medical Physicist, Healthcare , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!