Peer Support Specialist - Recovery Experience Required!
Company: Correct Care Solutions, LLC
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Couple and Family opening in Denver, Colorado. This and other counseling/therapy jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job"> OverviewOur Peer Support Specialist interacts with patients and staff to promote a therapeutic environment for the patients; helps to promote patient advocacy by meeting with the patients individually and in groups and assisting in the resolution of patient grievances; conducts patient education groups; attends treatment team meetings as requested to relay insights gathered about the patients; assists in patient de-escalation preferences, patient rights and patient satisfaction interviews; and abides by facility regulations and maintains confidentiality of all of the patient information.ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job"> QualificationsEducation:
- High school diploma or equivalentExperience:
- Experiential understanding of mental illness
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with mentally ill patients and staff
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when interacting with mentally ill patients
- Ability to establish rapport with patients and staff from different ethnic, cultural, and economic backgroundsLicenses/Certifications:
- Eligible to be certified as Peer Support Specialistass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job"> Responsibilities
- Meets individually with patients to discuss and listen about their mental health progress. Conducts small group meetings with patients to discuss their needs. Makes recommendations for improving the treatment programs and services to the patients.
- Meets with patients during their admission process and using a structured interview form interviews the patients to determine what works best for them to help them calm down in the event they should become upset. In the absence of the Patient Advocate, gives the patients a copy of the Patient Rights and Responsibilities Booklet and explains to them their rights and the responsibilities. Offers patients an awareness of the types of programs and services available to them. Ensures the patients sign the acknowledgment form indicating they received the Patient Rights and Responsibilities Booklet and places the signed form in the patient clinical record.
- Assists in conducting patient satisfaction surveys. Meets with patients that have been declared competent to proceed, scheduled to be transferred to another facility, or have completed a one year stay in the facility and uses a pre-structured interview to privately interview them to solicit their level of satisfaction with various aspects of the treatment and services they have received. Ensures the Patient Advocate receives the completed surveys.
- Meets privately with patients that request to meet to register complaints. Gathers as much detail from the patients about their complaints and gives the information to leadership Programs. Follows up with patients to find out if they are satisfied with the actions that were taken to address their complaints and keeps leadership informed.
- Assists in conducting peer support activities and support groups.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Correct Care Solutions, LLC, Denver , Peer Support Specialist - Recovery Experience Required!, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!