Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse (IR RN), Part-Time
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Swedish Medical Center's Interventional Radiology department - the region's IR leader
The Interventional Radiology Department at Swedish Medical Center, Denver is the region's leader. Our program boasts:
- Named first comprehensive stroke center in region
- Performed the first successful IVC thrombectomy with AngioVac system
- Leading center in Rocky Mountain region for portal vein thrombosis
- First interventional radiology department in Colorado to preform aortic stent graph
- The region's only interventional radiology department to offer four bioplane angio rooms
- Vascular Malformation Center located on campus
- What is interventional radiology?
- Interventional radiology (IR) is a sub-specialty of radiology where minimally invasive procedures are performed with the help of image-guided technology (MRI, CT, ultrasound, etc.) to diagnose and treat diseases.These minimally invasive procedures can be done in almost every vessel and organ system in the body and are performed by an interventional radiologist who uses tools such as balloons, stents and catheters inserted under the skin during treatment rather than open surgery. This leads to less risk, pain and recovery time for patients while producing better health outcomes.
What is interventional radiology used for?
Interventional radiology procedures are used to treat a wide variety of diseases, including:
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Uterine fibroids
- Varicose veins
The Vascular Registered Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge, skills and understands the unique aspects of the population served in the care of his/her patients. Each service also requires specialized skills. The delivery of care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SMC.
Keywords: HCA., Denver , Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse (IR RN), Part-Time, Healthcare , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!